Windows 10 PC resets itself whilst playing game, then updates

thank you kemical is that the downnload that i can put onto a usb then boot from bios? 64 bit

You can create a boot install USB using the media creator or download an iso and use something like Rufus.

i dont suppose i could trouble you for a direct link so i can shove windows 10 on a usb 64 bit ?

I use it to grab the iso and do the usb part myself using rufus. But it'll do it all for you. Only reason I end up doing it myself is, I use a 64gb stick and the creation tool freaks out and partitions the usb causing issues. Any stick under 32gb won't have such issues.

i dont suppose i could trouble you for a direct link so i can shove windows 10 on a usb 64 bit ?
oops, I meant to post the link.

In any case you decided to give up on the RAM test then?

Clean installs rarely solve issues but I guess if the problem continues you can always go back and try the trouble shooting methods again.

would greatly appreciated it you two could do that for me fellas. and yes ive been told by all my friends that all thought memtest is a good software id be better of just doing a full system restart clean boot, tho im confused at one point..

If i did that old windows 10 upgrade few years ago from 7, the direct download one, am i now meant to just boot from usb as soon as i find that file for the 64 bit windows ten home edition?

this is because i downloaded windows 10 when it was offered to me from Microsoft, so i dont own an exact copy of it

1518135043824.png
1518135009535.png

thats what ive found so far but didnt work

If i did that old windows 10 upgrade few years ago from 7, the direct download one, am i now meant to just boot from usb as soon as i find that file for the 64 bit windows ten home edition?
When you upgraded from 7 to 10 the activation key you were given is stored online.

So now whenever you clean install windows 10 you simply have to click 'I don't have one' when asked for an activation key and as soon as you get online windows will activate automatically.

This will only work for the machine you upgraded on so if you buy a new machine you'll need a new copy of win 10.

I actually did post the link for the download is on post 220. Pop along there and use the media creation tool to download the windows iso and we will go from there.

damn need to get another usb stick i need more space, will buy another tomorrow :(

i think ive finally discovered the problem ! but its very hard to explain

i think its got something to do when my pc opens things like hyperlinks on web pages like music pictures or any other random page on a website, i have discovered this is because sometimes when i click on a random web page as i do it sometimes resets itselfs,
most peculiar thing has triggerd this, but this is what i have come to assess

Hmm.. Do you run any browser extensions or add on's like search bars? If so remove them.

You could also try updating your lan driver?

LAN drivers for my internet?

sorry guys been not able to reply because of work, i just need to buy that usb stick and good to go

Back
Top Bottom