Windows 7 PC upgrade GPU,PSU and SSD, need help to boot on ssd

steneman

Yesterday i got my new gpu (Msi Geforce Gtx 680) psu (Corsair AX 750W) and ssd (Samsung SSD 830 Series 128GB 2.5 OEM)

My question is, how do i complete the ssd installation, it says Install As Primary or Install As Raid, i allready know that i have to install as primary, then it tells me to restart my pc and go into my bios, but how do i do that? Please link a video if one exists or try to explain it so i understand lol.

Also how do i transfer windows 7 + a few games onto the ssd.

Is there a way to do it without needing the windows 7 disc??

Ty in advance!!!

To get to the BIOS, restart your computer. When you see a screen that shows the logo of your computer's manufacturer (usually stays on screen for 1-3 seconds), read the bottom of the screen. It usually says something like "Press [somekey] to enter BIOS settings" or "Press [somekey] for advanced configuration" or something like that. Sometimes, more than one key is indicated and maybe two keys get to two different configuration pages. In that case, you'll just have to try both and see which one it is. Press the key indicated and hope it gets you to your BIOS settings. I have had no experience with how to configure as RAID/Primary from the BIOS (in fact, I'm 99% sure that's not the BIOS' job).

As for transferring Windows 7 to the SSD, there are ways to do it, but none of them are for the faint of heart.

Example video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDK2UbWphLA <-- This is for an HP system, though I'm not sure what manufacturer your computer is. In the video, the "magic button" is ESC (escape), note that it may be different for your computer.

Back