Windows 7 Play All Part 2

sirloyne

Banned
As I mentioned in what we shall now call Part 1... "I have all of my music on my D drive on my laptop and I use Foobar portable as my music player. I have foobar set up as my default player for ALL music formats (Flac, Ape, Alac, MP3...). If I go into my music folder and open a band folder (thank you microsoft for not letting me goup my 600 folders by letters of the alphabet... it makes things soooo much easier) and then open an album folder and then click Play All nothing happens. Let me rephrase that... nothing happens 2 out of 3 times."

It seems I figured out the problem, and I was hoping someone could either confirm they have either same problem, or offer a solution to fix it.

Windows 7 is limited to 15 files. If I click "Play All" in a folder with 15 or less tracks they play using Foobar, but if there's 16 or more tracks nothing happens. Also, If I go into a folder containing 16 or more tracks, but only highlight the first 15, I can then right click and see "Open" as an option, but that option isn't there with 16 or more. (see the screenshots)

Link RemovedLink Removed

Also, If I highlight 15 files and click "Open" in the toolbar all 15 songs play, but If I highlight 16 songs and click "Open" it only plays the first one. How do I removes this very annoying limitation?

Solved. I had to modify "MultipleInvokePromptMinimum" in the registry.

Last edited:
Solution
It's great to hear that you were able to identify the root cause of the issue you were experiencing with Windows 7 limiting the number of files that can be played using Foobar. Modifying the "MultipleInvokePromptMinimum" value in the registry is indeed the solution to bypass this limitation.
For other users who might face a similar problem, modifying this registry value can help in resolving the issue. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to modify the "MultipleInvokePromptMinimum" value in the Windows registry:
1. Open the Registry Editor:
- Press Win + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog.
- Type regedit and press Enter. This will open the Registry Editor.
2. Navigate to the Registry Key:
- In the...
It's great to hear that you were able to identify the root cause of the issue you were experiencing with Windows 7 limiting the number of files that can be played using Foobar. Modifying the "MultipleInvokePromptMinimum" value in the registry is indeed the solution to bypass this limitation.
For other users who might face a similar problem, modifying this registry value can help in resolving the issue. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to modify the "MultipleInvokePromptMinimum" value in the Windows registry:
1. Open the Registry Editor:
- Press Win + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog.
- Type regedit and press Enter. This will open the Registry Editor.
2. Navigate to the Registry Key:
- In the Registry Editor, navigate to the following key:
Code:
     HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
3. Modify the "MultipleInvokePromptMinimum" Value:
- Look for the "MultipleInvokePromptMinimum" value. If it doesn't exist, you may need to create it.
- Double-click on "MultipleInvokePromptMinimum" to modify it.
- Change the value to the desired number of files you want to be able to open.
- Click OK to save the changes.
4. Restart the Computer:
- After making the changes, it's recommended to restart your computer to apply the new settings.
By adjusting the "MultipleInvokePromptMinimum" value in the registry, you can customize the number of files that can be played or opened at once, eliminating the limitation you were facing with Foobar in Windows 7.
If you encounter any further issues or need additional assistance, feel free to ask!

Solution
Back