Windows 7 Please help! - BSOD when playing games :( Can't play without a BSOD!

Raikyu

Hey all.

So, yesterday when playing a game my computer randomly crashed and all that was displayed on my screen was like in this picture: ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting (not my picture, I just found this online instead of trying to describe it) and ever since that happened I have been getting a blue screen of death every time I try to play any game :(

I have had blue screens like this before back in December which were fixed by performing a system restore and up until now there were no problems whatsoever.

I have included the mini dump that was created when the latest BSOD occured (last night) with my post and my system specs below, if you need any more information please let me know :)

Thanks in advance for any help or advice anyone can offer, I really appreciate it!

System Specs:
Operating System: MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1035T 2600MHz
RAM: 6.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard: FOXCONN 2AA9
Graphics: S221HQL (1920x1080@60Hz), 1GB XFX AMD Radeon HD 6870
Hard Drives: 977GB Hitachi Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 SATA Disk Device (SATA) 27 °C
Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio
PSU: OCZ Stealth X Stream 2 600W

Link to my exact system with all the info you could need about the system on Hewlett Packard's website :) - Link Removed - Invalid URL

NOTE: I installed a new graphics card for better gaming and a new PSU in order to power the GPU about 8 months after I bought the PC.

Minidump:
View attachment 31.01.12 Mini Dump.zip

******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b) An exception happened while executing a system service routine. Arguments: Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck Arg2: fffff80002f9b1f5, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck Arg3: fffff88008577120, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1 DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B PROCESS_NAME: csrss.exe CURRENT_IRQL: 0

what is csrss.exe I want to ask? that causes the problem for you

******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b) An exception happened while executing a system service routine. Arguments: Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck Arg2: fffff80002f9b1f5, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck Arg3: fffff88008577120, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1 DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B PROCESS_NAME: csrss.exe CURRENT_IRQL: 0

what is csrss.exe I want to ask? that causes the problem for you

Thanks for your reply, I have never heard of csrss.exe and I have no idea where it came from, could it be a system file? My friend told me to get "BlueScreenView" so I did and I opened up the mini dump which highlights "klif.sys" and "ntoskrnl.exe" in red, not sure what this means but i'm guessing it suggests they caused the problem? I really don't understand what to do but unless I play a game I don't seem to get a BSOD

Hello Raikyu and welcome to the forum.
Update, uninstall or rename this dri ver
RPGMOUSEV1.sys 6/10/2009 KMWDFilter Dri ver from UASSOFT.COM
Your dump file is blaming klif.sys software Kaspersky Anti-Virus or PC Tools AntiVirus or ZoneAlarm Security Suite or TSP or Kaspersky Internet Security.
My suggestion would be to uninstall the associated software, replace it with Link Removed due to 404 Error (full system scan) for the time being until such time as you are able to resolve your Blue Screen Issues.
Regards
Randy

Hello Raikyu and welcome to the forum.
Update, uninstall or rename this dri ver
RPGMOUSEV1.sys 6/10/2009 KMWDFilter Dri ver from UASSOFT.COM
Your dump file is blaming klif.sys software Kaspersky Anti-Virus or PC Tools AntiVirus or ZoneAlarm Security Suite or TSP or Kaspersky Internet Security.
My suggestion would be to uninstall the associated software, replace it with Link Removed due to 404 Error (full system scan) for the time being until such time as you are able to resolve your Blue Screen Issues.
Regards
Randy

Hello Trouble, thanks for your reply.
I couldn't find the drivers you mentioned to uninstall or update them, are they hidden somewhere? Though I did what you suggested and removed ZoneAlarm security and replaced it with Microsoft Security Essentials and ran a full system scan which was clean. After doing this I didn't have a BSOD for the whole day (usually get them every hour or two) until a few hours ago :(
I have a new mini dump that was created when it happened, I have included the link at the bottom of this post (Couldn't find out how to upload another file to my first post), this time it gave me the error message "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA". Hopefully you can help get to the bottom of this one as I have no clue what to do, thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it :)

New Minidump: Link Removed - Invalid URL

Last edited:
Back