Pls help with the flickering on my laptop

Heera

Recently my laptop's screen has been flickering often and at the same time the bottom of the screen is glitched out displays about 2mm of the top part of the screen. So the bottom of the task bar is just white when I open ovo.fyi/lorem-ipsum ovo.fyi/temp-mail ovo.fyi/10-minute-mail Chrome. The screen also flickers weirdly. However when I tried to screenshot and show you redditors what it looks like, the 2mm glitch isn't there.
Please tell me what kind of issue this is and how to fix it!
My laptop has a Intel i3 Core 7th Gen.

Last edited:
The screenshot it self does not show any glitch, so it is most likely the screen of your laptop itself that has a hardware problem.
To be absolutely sure you may want to connect a 2nd screen to your laptop.
If the picture on the 2nd screen is ok then your laptop screen that is defect, if it has the same problem then your graphical card is failing.
Time to visit a repair shop?

Recently my laptop's screen has been flickering often and at the same time the bottom of the screen is glitched out displays about 2mm of the top part of the screen. So the bottom of the task bar is just white when I open ovo.fyi/lorem-ipsum ovo.fyi/temp-mail ovo.fyi/10-minute-mail Chrome. The screen also flickers weirdly. However when I tried to screenshot and show you redditors what it looks like, the 2mm glitch isn't there.
Please tell me what kind of issue this is and how to fix it!
My laptop has a Intel i3 Core 7th Gen.
Hi,

It could either be a problem with the Graphics card or the display itself.
- Do connect an external monitor and see if the same problem will persist. If the flickering will still happen on the external monitor that means it's the graphics card that has the problem.
- Do reseat the ribbon cable of the LCD if the flickering is not happening on the external monitor since it's a problem with the built in display.
- If reseating the ribbon cable will not work you'll need to replace the display itself.

Regards,
Adrian

I have the same problem on my Surface Pro laptop. Getting my teckkie to look at it tomorrow.
Same pc with same problem here. Posted the surface back to MS in Germany with a description of the fault. Came back with a big checklist with all boxes ticked telling me it had passed all their tests - no reference to the problem, never solved and I couldn't be bothered to reurn it and wait another two weeks to get it back with another list of ticked boxes. I supect it is a problem with overheating but the only solution I've come up with is a resolve to never buy another Surface. I originally described my problem here: Delirium Tremens on Surface Pro 4 display

Back