Windows 7 plz help me to get rid of my bsod's

kallae

hi i have had my computer for about half a year now and during that time i have often expirienced bsod's. Now it is really starting too get on my nerves. it seems like my computer crashes the most when i am streaming from, or playing games on the internet, but it can also happen out of the blue. i hope any can help me.

my com specs:
Mainboard : Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P
Chipset : AMD RD770
Processor : AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 800 MHz
Physical Memory : 8192 MB (4 x 2048 DDR3-SDRAM )
Video Card : ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
Hard Disk : WDC (500 GB)
DVD-Rom Drive : ANQ ABGXQ7O SCSI CdRom Device
DVD-Rom Drive : HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH22NS30 ATA Device
DVD-Rom Drive : ANQ ABGXQ7O SCSI CdRom Device
Network Card : RTL8168/8111 PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Home Edition 6.01.7600 (x64)

i have attached my minidumps in this post.

Attachments

• minidumps.rar
    232.4 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
I'd be thinking along the lines of twitchy drivers but after a year i'd imagine you would have gone through a few updated ones. Next move on to disabling unused devices in BIOS (serial com ports, printer port, firewire, etc since most things are USB now) or maybe updating to newer firmware for it. If that has been done or failed to make a difference, then try test without certain auto-running applications installed (itunes, certain combos of anti-spyware etc) in case there's clash of software. Also check simple things like temperatures of the Mobo and CPU, and Video card are within normal ranges and voltages, maybe also check RAM timings aren't too tight or under/over voltaged as that can mess up things.

Some excellent diagnostic flow charts here if you want to really go for it....lol

http://www.fonerbooks.com/pcrepair.htm

Last edited:
Going from the latest dump backward, the first listed the cause as being aswTdi.sys (not certain, but it appears that is part of Avast AV), the second just says memory corruption, the third...unknown, fourth ntfs.sys, and all that followed simply said unknown.

That doesn't leave much to go on, except the first mentioned. Whether there is any relationship between the known and unknown BSODs would only be a guess, but I would try uninstalling Avast. if it is installed,and see what happens then.

Back