Windows 7 Problem maintaining a connection

Rainbowdayz

I'm having a problem maintaining an Internet connection. My Internet co told me they were not seeing my linksys router and advised me to call linksys support for configuration. Linksys would not help me because the router is no longer under warranty. However, it appears to be working fine. All lights are on. When I lose the connection , if I disable and then enable my wireless network connection it immediately reconnects. It may hold for a minute or for several hours but eventually I have to repeat that action. I haven't changed the configuration of the router. Any ideas on what's causing the problem?

The exact procedure will vary depending on the make and model of your router but use your browser to connect to your router and /browse to update the system firmware. If you need more help with doing this tell us the make and model of your routerand we can helpyou further.

The exact procedure will vary depending on the make and model of your router but use your browser to connect to your router and /browse to update the system firmware. If you need more help with doing this tell us the make and model of your routerand we can helpyou further.
Thx. I'll give it a try!

Well I've tried to figure it out for most of the morning. I have a linksys model WRT54G2 V1. If I key that in, it finds no updates. If I go to firmware updates I find a whole list and I have no idea which one (s) to choose. There doesn't seem to be a way to update all. I can't even figure out how to update one at a time. There are warnings about not doing certain things that might ruin the router. Driver updates are usually easy but I've never tried firmware. What a nightmare!

Last edited:
You have to access your routers web based page by typing in the search bar the "192.168.x.x". By default the user name and password is admin and admin for linksys/cisco routers and just about any other brand of routers. Once in the router setup page you can and should change that.

This should help....

Accessing the router?s web-based setup page

I'll give a shot. I'm pretty lost. Thx for the link for accessing the router!

You have to access your routers web based page by typing in the search bar the "192.168.x.x". By default the user name and password is admin and admin for linksys/cisco routers and just about any other brand of routers. Once in the router setup page you can and should change that.

This should help....

Accessing the router?s web-based setup page

how to update linksys firmware for WRT54G2 V1 - Bing Videos

Oh thank u sooooo much. I really appreciate all ur help!

With most modern routers, once in the web based page, updating the firmware is done for you once you click on "update firmware". Back in the day (just a few years back)...lol...you had to down load the file and follow about 12 steps to update the routers firmware. It was still pretty easy, just the long way to go about it. Now days it's zip zoom bang and it's done.

With most modern routers, once in the web based page, updating the firmware is done for you once you click on "update firmware". Back in the day (just a few years back)...lol...you had to down load the file and follow about 12 steps to update the routers firmware. It was still pretty easy, just the long way to go about it. Now days it's zip zoom bang and it's done.

It worked! And it was so easy with the video instructions. I would never have figured it out. I'm going to save this info in case I need it in the future. Thx so much again? :thumbs_up:

Back
Top Bottom