Windows Vista Problem with ALL internet browsers.

googs64

As soon as i upgraded to 7 home premium from vista, i began having problems with internet explorer. i would be loading a page and it would stop responding. It is not random pages; it is certain pages every time. Yahoo mail is one of them and that's aggravating me. I can get onto yahoo mail but as soon as i open a mail, it stops working. I got so frustrated with IE, i downloaded firefox and nothing was solved. Downloaded google chrome, and still same problems. I was wondering if there was some common objects in the webpage's that IE didn't like, but with the other browsers not working as well, i figured it had to be something to do with Windows 7. If anybody knows what the problem is and knows the solution, please tell me.

What firewall and/or anti-virus are you using? Are there any logs in either of those type applications?

Have you tried running IE in compatibility mode for that page? There is also a no add-ons version of IE in System Tools you could try.

Hello and welcome to the windows7forums,

You stated you dud an upgrade. This is not the recommended rout. It leaves useless files on your system and can cause conflicts.

If it hasn''t been that long since you installed, I would backup your data files to a flash drive, pop in the DVD and choose advanced

Be aware, tou will have to re-install all your 3rd party applications.

Hello and welcome to the windows7forums,

You stated you dud an upgrade. This is not the recommended rout. It leaves useless files on your system and can cause conflicts.

If it hasn''t been that long since you installed, I would backup your data files to a flash drive, pop in the DVD and choose advanced

Be aware, tou will have to re-install all your 3rd party applications.
Its not so simple. Don't forget your setting files for your programs, don't want to lose all of that. Also make sure you grab all the data that some programs store in the "Program Files" folder!

Have you tried running IE in compatibility mode for that page? There is also a no add-ons version of IE in System Tools you could try.
Thanks a lot. I have McAfee. I just tried to run it in compatibility mode and it still didn't work. I also disabled the McAfee toolbar/add-on and still didn't work. Then i disabled all of them and it worked. So now I will go through and see which add-on is making them screw up like that. Thanks Saltgrass, I never thought of that :razz:.

So now I will go through and see which add-on is making them screw up like that. Thanks Saltgrass, I never thought of that :razz:.
It was my orbit downloader/grab pro++ add-on. I like that though. Is there any way I can get it to run on my browsers?

Back
Top Bottom