Windows 7 Problem with desktop icons, opening programs and pointer not responding

Baravik

Windows 7 has been on my computer for about3 moonths now with absolutely no problems. Today, however, when I logged on my icons would not appear, and the pointer was in the was blue loading ring for about 15 minites. I logged off using the ctrl+alt+del and logged back on. this time the icons loaded, but the pointer was still the blue loading ring, and I could not open the start menu or use any icons. I tried again, an that time it allowed me to open internet explorer, but when i move my cursor over the start up bar, it turns back into the blue loading ring, and wont let me open the start menu. I am pretty much stuck to using only internet explorer at the moment, or only one program at a time, then logingoff and logging back on, to use a differen program. I have tried system restore, I ran diagnostics and everything checks out. I am only average when it comes to computer problems, so any walk through advice would be very much appreaciated.

Thanks.

Back