Windows 7 Problem with Headphone Jack on HP Pavilion

alf10087

Hi there.

I have a HP Pavilion dv6000 with Windows 7, but the headphone jack doesn't seem to be working. I connect the headphones and the music still goes on playing as if I hadn't.

I downloaded the drivers from this Link Removed - Invalid URL but it says there are no supported drivers, which is strange because those are the same ones I used with Vista.

Anyone knows how to solve this?

I'd really appreciate any help.

Thank You.

Do you have the HDA (High Definition Audio) driver installed? Normally this would be installed before your standard sound driver. My older computer does not use this, so I am not sure of the particulars, but see if HP has a HDA driver available for you.

You also might need a special driver for your HP. For instance, Lenovo has a driver called the "Lenovo System Interface Driver" for use with Vista and Win 7.

Kind of a round about way, but I went to Control Panel>Sound>Manage Audio Devices.

moz-screenshot.png
From there you've got your Speakers and Headphones listed on playback.

If you plug in your headphones it should recognize them and then you can test them.

From there I set the headphones as default. So when they're plugged in, they play only in there, and when the headphones are out, it goes to the speakers.

Hope that helps.

This is simple just go to the IDT sound icon on bottom on right. If you don't see hit the up arrow and right-click on the icon with music note and click on open audio panel. Make sure you are under playback options and go under settings and you will see where it says speakers and dual headphones options click on the circle and make sure its green next to set as default playback device once done there you are all set have fun.

I HAVE HP PAVILLION dV2000. my headphone jack is not working since i formatted my notebook.plus mic is also not working.tried a lots of drivers. it just donot show the headphone in the audio device list.only the speakers and digital audio(S/PDIF) is available under the playback tab and under the recording tab a line in icon is there under which it is written "not plugged in" and shows a red sign.i have internal mic.plz help me out..Thanks

I HAVE HP PAVILLION dV2000. my headphone jack is not working since i formatted my notebook.plus mic is also not working.tried a lots of drivers. it just donot show the headphone in the audio device list.only the speakers and digital audio(S/PDIF) is available under the playback tab and under the recording tab a line in icon is there under which it is written "not plugged in" and shows a red sign.i have internal mic.plz help me out..Thanks

Hello and welcome to Windows7Forums.com :)
What is the specific model name (dV2000__). Either way, visit HP Support & Drivers | Canada and type in the full name (there is about 10 variations of the dV2000 so I can't direct link to the model, since I don't know it. Once you've entered the correct information, select your operating system (for Windows 7, select Vista/V64 bit), followed by your language. Finally you'll be at a driver selection screen. Expand "Drivers - Audio" and select the latest version of the audio driver (probably a Conexant driver). Download, install and reboot. This should solve your issue.

Back