Windows 7 Problem with Homegroups on Windows 7

Craphter

I'm having trouble with my computer's homegroup. I have 3 computers, two laptops and a desktop. The two laptops connect via wifi (I have only 1 network for all 3) and my desktop via cable. For some reason, my desktop can't connect with the other two laptops (they both work correctly, meaning they can connect between the two of them) but the desktop computer can't connect to a homegroup created by either laptop, neither can the laptops connect to a homegroup created by the desktop computer. It just doesn't show up, as simple as that.
All 3 comps run on Win 7, different versions, desktop is 32 bits, and both laptops are 64 and 32 bits.
My wifi router is tplink, same as my modem.

ps: yes, they're all on "home" network, they're all on one and only one network, with clocks synched and ipv6 enabled.

Greetings,

I have got a curious problem. On my Home Network I have got two computers (B-Win 7 Pro 64bit - joined and A-Win 7 Pro HPremium 64bit-primary/created) using a homegroup. They seem to work fine.
I have tried to connect the third computer (C-Win 7 Pro 64bit) to the same homegroup. All in vain.

Once clicking on join - password I have a message that Windows cannot setup Homegroup on this computer. Then after launching troubleshooting function the join button becomes 'create homegroup,.

All the computers are the same Bitdefender Total Security 2015 software installed with the same setting.

All the computers are on the same router - Linksys EA6500.
Computers A and B are WLAN-ed and B and C are LAN-ed to the main router which is connected to bridged one (also Linksys EA6500), that is computers B and C are on LAN connection while an A is connected wirelessly to B and C via router. All three computers are connected and can 'see each other' via Home Network. All are in the same Workgroup (name) with different names. All have the same user account with the same credentials (name, login pass).

I have already tried all the potential solution to the problem I have found on the web. Nothing seems work.
I have deleted C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking folder content, Restarted all pointed services...

I will deeply appreciate any helpful clue leading to solve this bizarre issue.
Thank you in advance.

Back
Top Bottom