Problem with IE10 when opening multiple browser screens.

HHawk

Okay, I have a problem with IE10 for ages now.

For my work I have to open a lot of browser instances. I am using mainly IE10 and Firefox.
Every time, when I have a several browsers and tabs open in IE, it regulary happens that the next browserscreen I open turns to a blank page.

This only happens in IE. For example I have opened about 8 IE browsers along with several tabs in each of them. Then when I open a new browser instance of IE or even a tab, it will show an empty page.

Sure; my first guess would be that it is a memory problem, however I have sufficient memory (16 GB RAM) and it doesn't affect Firefox. I already tried increasing IE's cache size, but this also didn't do anything.

I really have no idea. The only solution in this case, is to close several IE windows, however it's not really a solution. And yes I checked my memory usage and mostly it's only 1/3 used according to task-managers. Also I am not using any kind of add-ons for IE.

I have been experiencing this problem for as long as I can remember. It happened in IE9 and it also is happening in IE10. Of course I can always start to use Firefox only, or another browser like Chrome, however I would prefer to keep using IE along with FF.

Probably this isn't fixable, but I am just wondering, because today it happened for the XXXXX-time now and to be honest I am getting tired of it. Of course I could have understand this problem IF my memory was full, but this is not the case...

And I run CCleaner on regular basis.

Anyone has an idea or even a solution?

Last edited:
The issue you are facing with Internet Explorer 10 (IE10) can be frustrating, especially when you need to work with multiple browser instances simultaneously. Here are a few troubleshooting steps and solutions you can try to address the problem of blank pages appearing when opening new browser instances or tabs in IE10:

### Troubleshooting Steps and Solutions:

1. Compatibility Mode:
- Ensure that IE10 is not running in compatibility mode for any specific website. Compatibility mode can sometimes cause issues with how pages are displayed.

2. Reset IE Settings:
- Reset IE settings to default to eliminate any customized settings that might be causing the issue. You can do this by going to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Reset.

3. Check for Windows Updates:
- Ensure that your Windows operating system is up to date, as updates can include fixes for known browser issues.

4. Hardware Acceleration:
- Disable hardware acceleration in IE10. This can be done by going to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Accelerated graphics and unchecking the option.

5. Software Conflict:
- Check for any conflicting software that might be causing the issue. Sometimes security software or other applications can interfere with browser functionality.

6. Check Event Viewer:
- Use the Event Viewer in Windows to look for any specific error messages related to IE that might provide more insight into the problem.

7. Use a Different User Profile:
- Create a new user profile on your computer and see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the problem is related to your current user profile settings.

8. Run IE10 without Add-ons:
- Launch IE10 in "No Add-ons" mode to see if any add-ons are causing the problem. You can do this by searching for Internet Explorer in the Start menu and selecting the option to run without add-ons.

9. Update IE10:
- Ensure that you have the latest updates for IE10 installed. Sometimes outdated versions can have compatibility issues with newer websites and services.

10. System File Checker:
- Run the System File Checker tool to scan and restore corrupted system files that might be affecting IE.

### Notes:
  • It's commendable that you are keeping your system clean with CCleaner, but the issue may not be related to temporary files.
  • IE10 is an older browser and may have compatibility issues with modern websites and services. Consider using alternative browsers like Firefox or Chrome for a more stable browsing experience.

These steps should help in troubleshooting the blank page issue in IE10. If the problem persists, you may need to consider transitioning to a more up-to-date browser like Firefox or Chrome for improved performance and compatibility.

Back