Windows 8 Problem with System Restore.

antara

My laptop is a Samsung running Windows 8.I tried to create a system restore but it kept running for about half an hour before I realised something was wrong.I tried to stop it by pressing cancel but it kept on doing it.The only way I could get it to stop was to shut my laptop down.I went back into the System Properties box again,when I click on system restore in this box,the blue circle revolves for a few seconds then nothing.Could anyone tell me what I did wrong and how to get it working again.

Hi,

try going back into system properties but instead of clicking create system restore, click the configure tab. Make sure that it's actually turned on and that it also has enough disk space. You'll see a slider which allows you to configure more or less disk space. If you after this you still have no success then open up your Event viewer and check whats happening when you try to create a restore point.
Please post the results and we'll endevour to help you further..

Sorry to be so long in replying but I've got the problem fixed.I pressed the start button and kept pressing the F4 button which took me into a recovery screen.I clicked on System Software .It said"System Software installation can only be done in a Windows environment.I clicked Yes to restart the system in Windows".Everything is now working ok.I don't fully understand why because I am no expert but I'm sure you'll know what this meant.Thank you very much for the attention you have given me.I've no doubt I'll run into some other problem so as Arnold Schwartneger says,I'll be back.

Glad to hear you have things running as they should and thanks for updating your thread.

Back