Windows 7 Problem with windows freezing on boot

Shanida

Hey Shanida here
Im at my wits end, ive done all that i can regarding this issue, and i hit a roadblock.

The Problem:
My computer wont boot, it went from being really great, to not being able to boot within a 4 hour time span of me being away.
The Problem is, not only limited to it not being able to boot, but also i cant run it in safemode (in any of the safemode configs)
I had a breaktrough a few hours ago, but it looks like its reversed, i got into the OS but everything was running incredibly slow at times, sorta like a 5min normal speed that it used to run with, and then 5min were it bearly does anything.

Where it crashes:
Starting Normaly: Windows Logo (Appears fully)
Safe Mode: Loading the "Classpnp.sys" file
Repair Tool: Attepting to repair

I would write down the specefic specs for it, if i could remember them off the top of my head (do some of them, they will come futher down) the computer itself is 1 month old, thats pretty young if you ask me.

Specs:
Graphics Card: Pallit Geforce GTX 670 2GB DDR5
CPU: Intel i7 3820 3.6Ghz
MB: ASrock x79 extream4
PSU: Corsair Gaming Series GS700
Ram: Corsair Vengeance - Hukommelse - 8 GB : 2 x 4 GB - DIMM 240-pin

Really Hope someone can give me a nogde in the right direction, thanks in advancedm if not only for reading ^^

Shanida

It may not be a boot problem. Possibly a hard drive or virus problem?

When you say "Repair Tool: attempting to Repair", what are you referring to exactly?

What anti-virus program do you run, and when did you run it last?

What did you do when you said you thought you had a breakthrough?

Do you overclock? Have you tried running a Linux live version, like ubuntu from the install DVD, Try, not install?

Last edited:
Harddrive Problem has passed my mind, but i had both harddrives out and checked them, no signs of damge, unfortunatly i only have my macbook that im writing from, so i cant check if i can plug it in to see if is 100% functional.

Well now i cant even access the repair tool anymore, and im pretty much stuck, cant get into safemode and cant boot up the pc, i only have the motherboard bios to work with.

I have avast as my antivirus and run it on a daily basis.

The breaktrough just proved to be another dead-end

and no i dont overclock and unfortunatly i dont have any spare DVD's laying around, and its in the middle of the night for me, so i cant go and pick some up.

If you can do a temporary install on the second hard drive to test, it might give some insight.

There is always the possibility the process is having problems, or some connector or other motherboard device could be failing.

I would probably remove every device I could for testing.

if you would tell me were to start, with the device testing and in what order, i could get started right away, thou the components are all very new, and my bios well say that they are all there. so i think it is a softwere related issue, thou i am not eliminating the possibility of a hardware failure

If you think it is software, you might try re-installing. But troubleshooting will be up to you. If you system runs with another OS, it is not a hardware problem. But there are several possibilities and you will need to track it down.

Eliminate what you can from the possibilities. For instance, if you have onboard video, remove the Nvidia card.....

im too tired, to fiddle around with it by now, its 1am already, getting up at 8, would be bad to fiddle around with expesive hardware in a half drowsee condition, so im going to give it a go tomorrow, and if it does not work out, im just going to reinstall everything, thats where i am right now, besides, there is nothing of real value on it yet, considering its short lifespan, its just annoying to have bought a new computer and 1month later a problem like this shows up, ill let you know how things go tomorrow, and see if i can figure out the cause of this, but personaly, i think its a currupt regfile, somewere

I would also get rid of the Avast I just had a bunch of problems from it BSODs and freezes. Use their cleanup/uninstall tool also. Instead install MSE.
Joe

one quick way to test hardware before you re-install is a linux live boot CD. tiny core is real small. Well you have to be able to get into the bios or a boot selection screen.

Selecting restore system default in the bios is a good habit before you re-install. I had what you are describing and re-installed, but the same after new installation. I ran a live cd and it told me there was an error with the pci bus and could not continue. would have saved me a lot of aggravation.

Corruption might be your current problem, but what caused it. Joe mentioned your anti-virus, and it could be interfering somehow. The easiest thing to do is to separate the hardware from the software. But you have to be proactive and start somewhere.

Some background on your system might help. We have the specs, but did you install as UEFI? What configuration are your hard drives, any logical partitions if UEFI? If you shut it down for a while, does it run better when you reboot? Had you run a system file check while the system was running? Have you tried removing one of the hard drives? Were you getting any messages in the Event Viewer that might indicate a problem?

I will tell you, last year two of the new hard drives I received were bad. They would both install Windows 7 fine, but reboots started to show problems. Replacing them repaired the situation.

But you have a couple of suggestions. So if this was my system, what would you tell me to do in your situation? When the new Crysis comes out, I will probably be moving to a new X79 board and Nvidia card, so I need some help, and you have the experience.....! ;)

Im back again, from my study, took the time to reinstall a clean windows 7, with my interlation cd, i found in a box that my wife had forgot about, great.
As all my important files were on my other harddrive everything was saved so nothing got lost in the process, called up my "Tech Support" a friend of mine that works at a "Computer fix store" and he said it might be something as simple as a corrupt reg file, and reinstalling windows solved it.

As for saltgrass thank you for keeping my hopes up, and the much appreciated help. and i can tell you the x79 and Geforce GTX 670 works great together, and thing i do not understand however, as my computers "Metascore" in windows went up from reinstalling from 7.2 - 7.4

But i guess that will forever be a mystery

Shanida

Back
Top Bottom