problem with windows media player !

hiya,

does anyone have a clue as to why windows media player should be blocking me playing this video in Win7 beta 7k, taken from this page ?

all I get is the firewall could be blocking message but from what i can see in firewall advanced settings internet is allowed in and out for media player:confused:

or am i missing something obvious :eek:

any help appreciated

what antivirus are you using? maybe that is blocking it. if not try using a diffrent web browser

ahhh solved thnx :)

I was using opera browser and to check that i tried it also in Internet Explorer

what I didnt reckon on was that it was never supposed to open in windows media player ,

On advise I installed silverlight (not compatible with opera) or internet explorer 64 bit , and it now runs happily as it should in Internet Explorer 32 bit :razz:

You could also had simply download the video and open it locally ;)
besides, the windows media player streams it perfectly, maybe it really was your firewall.

GomJabbar

ahhh solved thnx :)

I was using opera browser and to check that i tried it also in Internet Explorer

what I didnt reckon on was that it was never supposed to open in windows media player ,

On advise I installed silverlight (not compatible with opera) or internet explorer 64 bit , and it now runs happily as it should in Internet Explorer 32 bit :razz:
I have Opera 10 Alpha installed on W7b 32-bit and the video in your link played just fine. A Windows Media Player window opened on top of the browser, and shortly began playing video as it was being streamed.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.