Windows 7 Problems copy on HDD

flob3d

I try to copy from an external hard drive in my computer some files and I have a restriction. I have disabled the firewall and the antivirus but ...the same problem. I tried also properties/ security/ ...change permison. The same :(

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 328
You need to take ownership of the file. Right-click on the file and select Properties. Then on the Security tab, click Advanced which will show you who the owner is and allow you to change ownership to you.

Hi, I don't understand very well if you can help me step by step please. Here I made a print screen...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 380
Just click on the owner tab and it will probably show 'SYSTEM' as the current owner. Since it appears your user name is part of the Admin group, just click on the line that shows the group you know you have full admin rights and choose 'change owner'. You'll probably get a warning asking you if your sure you want to take ownership. Just click yes. To ensure you have the needed permissions, click on the next tab. Click on the button halfway up the right side and type in your user name. Once Windows finds it, highlight it and click OK. You will then see all the rights associated with your user name or group. If all are checked you should be able to do what you want with that file or directory. J.C.

Back