Windows 10 Problems with nvidia graphics on windows 10 upgrade

Tiredmilkman

I will get to the point: Windows 7 ultimate was working fine with graphics card, upgrade to windows 10 and machine runs very slowly, graphics card is not in device manager, and dxdiag says Microsoft basic display adaptor.

I can't use the install disc, remove and re-install the driver, or download software because Microsoft has wiped it from existence.

Gpu is Geforce 210. There is a compatible driver to download on NVidia website(341.74) but if the hardware is invisible then it won't work.

Any suggestions?

I am just a weekend away from reverting back to windows 7 ultimate so we can get back to gaming.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    89 KB · Views: 291
Hi,
have you tried installing the GPU driver? I would at least try it as you may be surprised.

Hi,
have you tried installing the GPU driver? I would at least try it as you may be surprised.

You obviously did not read the original text, 2nd and 3rd paragraph clearly state I am unable to install drivers - every time it says no NVidia device detected or words to similar effect. I have even removed the graphics card, reinserted it on the machine. If this is your best effort with the Nvidia graphics problems (MANY MANY posts over the last 12months, even during test phase!) then you have just made windows 10 into the 2nd generation of Vista. Uninstalling windows 10 now, thanks for your unhelpfulness

We are not Microsoft but a support forum populated by volunteers.

And yes I did read your post but I disagree when you say it was clear.
I can't use the install disc, remove and re-install the driver, or download software because Microsoft has wiped it from existence.
The above doesn't tell me that you've tried to install the driver already but that your thwarted at a solution because Microsoft has wiped your card from existence.....

So i took a chance and asked you a simple question. I understand you might be angry with Microsoft but we are not them.

Good luck in your search for a solution.

That GPU must be restricted regarding Windows 10 because the newer GPUs are using 355.60, which just came out I believe. But all I can suggest if you do not see the device in Device Manager is to set it to see the hidden devices. Maybe the GPU will show up there and you can try removing it completely along with its drivers and starting over or install manually, if possible.

Could you be running any other software which might effect the video performance..?

That GPU must be restricted regarding Windows 10 because the newer GPUs are using 355.60
A driver is available Saltgrass:
210.JPG

Checking the compatibility centre we also see this:
comp.JPG

A driver is available Saltgrass
I know, that is why I said that card was restricted in that newer drivers were not being offered.

Normally the Display adapter will show up in Device Manager, but the OP says it isn't. The one time I had the same symptoms was when a Nvidia mobile GPU was failing. We don't know the age of the card but I see they are still being sold.

Hi

I didn't read all of this stuff so maybe this was already covered, but my understanding is that Windows 10 won't see anything if it doesn't see drivers for it in C:\Windows\System 32\Driverstore, or find them online, because it can't configure it at startup.

I don't know if it's possible to add data to the DriverStore.

If your CD says it can't install because it doesn't see and card and you can't install the downloaded drivers for the same reason then you may just have to buy a compatible card.

I remember how mad I was when Windows 7 came out and there were no drivers for my large format professional image scanner that I'd used in Windows 98, but at the time there was on way around it.

Mike

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EACH AND EVERY GAME IS WORKING VERY SLOWLY AND SOME NOT WORKING IN WINDOWS 10
OR I WILL GO BACK
TO WINDOWS 8.1

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EACH AND EVERY GAME IS WORKING VERY SLOWLY AND SOME NOT WORKING IN WINDOWS 10
OR I WILL GO BACK
TO WINDOWS 8.1
We are not Microsoft but a volunteer support forum.

Sometimes after an upgrade drivers and apps can become a little 'muddled'. Try re-installing either the drivers or games or both.

Back