Windows 7 Problems With Wireless Connection

Yantrio

I have recently installed build 7000 and i have come across a problem.

when i come to connect to my home wifi network (i can connect to other networks) , it does not allow me to connect and when i come to run through the troubleshooter, it asks me to restart my router ( which i have tried now for it multiple times with no effect at all). then that fails and it says it cannot connect at all.

i am using an Acer aspire 5520 with the" Atheros AR5007EG Wireless" Adaptor and trying to connect to the "Sky Router (Netgear DG934G)"

any help is greatly appreciated.

Thankyou in advance.

Yantrio

I have recently installed build 7000 and i have come across a problem.

when i come to connect to my home wifi network (i can connect to other networks) , it does not allow me to connect and when i come to run through the troubleshooter, it asks me to restart my router ( which i have tried now for it multiple times with no effect at all). then that fails and it says it cannot connect at all.

i am using an Acer aspire 5520 with the" Atheros AR5007EG Wireless" Adaptor and trying to connect to the "Sky Router (Netgear DG934G)"

any help is greatly appreciated.

Thankyou in advance.

Yantrio
This is once again a driver issue with wireless networks adapters being incompatible with Windows 7. Try to find the driver exe application file and right click on it go to properties>compatibility then change it to windows VISTA. Now reinstall the driver for the device. Restart the computer and try again to connect to the wireless if that doesnt work then wait for a compatible driver to be released. that worked for my wireless driver for my computer.

Last edited:
well, thanks alot for that but you cant change compatability for a .dll file and i cant for the life of me find a driver dll anywhere.

any other suggestions?

I admit i typed in the wrong extension for the driver file. I dont know where dll fell into my head. I have edited my last post so it says the correct info. I had a problem with my wireless driver for my hp computer but i changed the compatibility of the exe install file and it installed and worked perfectly. the first time i installed it and it successfully installed but didnt work.

well i dont mind about that, the wireless driver has installed fine, i just cant connect. no lights are flashing to signal wifi connection.

it can find my network but it doesnt even start the connection process

Well that is an obvious driver incompatibility issue that you have brought to my attention. Please just be patient and wait for an appropriate driver to arrive for it.

You have double checked your Mac address? And , hopefully, your workgroup name is correct?
Otherwise, you could try turning off the Windows firewall. I don't know that router, but I presume it has its own firewall anyway?
Fwiw. You did try reinstalling, using the compatibility mode?

Last edited by a moderator:
Atheros AR5007EG

I'm having an intermittent internet connection problem. How do I find the driver exe application file?

Back