Windows 7 Radeon X1950XT Driver

doubleint

So I've been using Windows XP for years now and I decided to try out Windows 7. Ugh, what a headache.

Everything is working great aside from Catalyst not wanting to install correctly. This is a known issue as my card is a legacy card now although I'm determined to get it working.

My main issue is the drivers not being installed and not being able to use the CCC. It just won't open. I've tried using the Vista drivers and I get the same problem.

So after some research I've found that it could be possible to edit the .INF file and add my X1950 Series hardware id. So my question is, does anyone know anything about editing .INF files?

Also I've found that it could be possible for me to run a program such as ATI Tray Tools to change settings as opposed to using the CCC. This I will definitely try out and post my outcome. I still don't know if ATI Tray Tools will work with the Windows provided driver, but I'm willing to find out. If this works, hopefully it will help out others in the same position that I'm in.

My Specs:
AMD 64 3700+
Sapphire Radeon X1950XT
Gigabyte K8N Pro SLI

Well I tired everything I could to get ATI Tray Tools to work but every time I open the program it crashes. And since this thread still has no reply's I assume nobody knows anything about editing .INF files.

I guess I will just have to wait until Windows 7 is retail.

hi, what do you mean by : "aside from Catalyst not wanting to install correctly" ? In the panel all is clean or you get some warnings on the audio hardware drivers ? What RC are you running ? 32 or 64 bits ? Are the drivers compatible with your version ? Is the card compatible W7 ?

Back