Windows 7 RAID 0 Installation , ATAPI CD???!

RAID Zero User

Alright , I had this problem previously, and fixed it both times eveuntully. My problem is this , I can't install my Windows Ultimate 64 bit edition on my RAID 0 Western Digital 500GB hdd's because on the boot screen my computer keeps telling me to "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device" , ive done both those instructions, rebooted , reinserted, all of it , no solution , i made sure my boot priority is the drive first, and raid drives after. still nothing. but this is the intresting part, last time i fixed this problem by using my previous computers dvd drive to install instead of the blu ray , it installed and everything was right with the world. BUT i have since then thrown out the old DVD drive, and now have nothing to install with.

So what i did in the past hour was used a freinds DVD drive to install , and it did not work. ,

When my System Config , is set to RAID, it calls both my blu ray and his dvd drive, ATAPI CD, when in IDE, it calls my blue ray a blue ray , and his dvd drive a dvd drive. I dont understand what is going on , i simply want to do a clean(custom) install of my windows 64 bit on my two RAID 0 HDDs, ive checked the boot priority , ive put both hdds in RAID0, and ive also used someone elses dvd dive to try and install , what is going on , please help. soon , im missing my games LOL... ( I am 14, so please excuse the poor spelling or grammar in this post),

Which motherboard are you using? It sounds like you may be missing a driver but post the motherboard name and we'll see..

Back