Windows 7 Random and frequent BSODs after upgrade to Windows 7 64-bit

seunghoyang

Hi,

I've recently upgraded my Windows 7 RC to Windows 7 Ultimate and ever since, I've been experiencing severe BSODs. There is no hardware change between the upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit except for the HDD. Since I never had this kind of experience with RC, I suspect there is some profound software error.

I've tried updating all drivers including video card, motherboard, network adapter for the motherboard and even BIOS but the problem still persists. I've also tried chkdsk (it detected corrupt files and repaired them) but BSODs just keep happening. It's interesting to note that if the computer doesn't get BSOD within the around first 30 minute of boot up, it doesn't get any BSOD from that point on. Also, I sometimes get BSOD before the Windows even boots up.

I've attached recent minidumps in the post.

Thank you for all the help.

Specs:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
Motherboard: Gigabyte EP45-UD3R
VGA: ATI Radeon 4870 512mb
RAM: Samsung (4GB)
HDD: Samsung HD502HJ (500GB)

Hi,

I've recently upgraded my Windows 7 RC to Windows 7 Ultimate and ever since, I've been experiencing severe BSODs. There is no hardware change between the upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit except for the HDD. Since I never had this kind of experience with RC, I suspect there is some profound software error.

I've tried updating all drivers including video card, motherboard, network adapter for the motherboard and even BIOS but the problem still persists. I've also tried chkdsk (it detected corrupt files and repaired them) but BSODs just keep happening. It's interesting to note that if the computer doesn't get BSOD within the around first 30 minute of boot up, it doesn't get any BSOD from that point on. Also, I sometimes get BSOD before the Windows even boots up.

I've attached recent minidumps in the post.

Thank you for all the help.

Specs:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
Motherboard: Gigabyte EP45-UD3R
VGA: ATI Radeon 4870 512mb
RAM: Samsung (4GB)
HDD: Samsung HD502HJ (500GB)

You didn't mention, is this an in-place upgrade from RC or a clean install? Have you checked your MOBO memory chips? Try speedfan and see if you are experiencing cpu heating problems before crashes. There is always sfc /scannow to see if any system files are corrupt. You can always shrink your c-drive and do a secondary clean install of Win7 to see if the problem is unique to your first installation...... Good luck.

I've also tried sfc /scannow and it repaired the corrupted files it found. Also, I think it's a clean installation because I installed Windows 7 on the new HDD.

If there is a CPU overheat, what should I do?

I've also tried sfc /scannow and it repaired the corrupted files it found. Also, I think it's a clean installation because I installed Windows 7 on the new HDD.

If there is a CPU overheat, what should I do?

If your CPU is overheating it is a fan problem (intermittent) or inadequate heat sink configuration. Even though you say this is a new HD, you might do a surface scan to see if there are any bad sectors. Link Removed - Invalid URL could help in this effort. Seriously, do a second clean install to your c-drive and you can rule out the software issue completely.

Back