Windows 7 Random BSOD (IRQL Not Less or Equal)

AoE

Hi guys recently installed new sound card and CPU cooler, Though the soundcard could be putting tension on my RAM, but got a BSOD that stating "driver not less or equal", but it went into the memory.dmp as opposed to the Minidump location. Nonetheless I have attached a system health report as well as the analysis like instructed to do. If someone could help me figure this out I would be most thankful. Also installed few new pieces of software for FSX, besides this I havent done anything to provoke the BSOD, but it did happen during a game of FSX. Any help is most appreciated.

I had also downloaded a new graphics driver for my new card, not yet arrived but have not installed it, so if that's any help.View attachment BSOD Analysis and system health report.rar

thought someone may have had a look at my files, guess i'll be in safemode for a longtime.

You have a relatively old piece of Gigabyte Software (Driver)
gdrv.sys 3/12/2009
You should either update, uninstall or as a last resort rename to gdrv.OLD
Do a search it is likely here C:\Windows\System32\Drivers but may be elsewhere or in multiple locations.
If Blue Screens persist after correcting above. Please download
PassMark RAMMon - Identify RAM type, speed & memory timings Export and save the html report, zip it up and attach it to your next post
and
CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting Use the snipping tool to create images of ALL the tabs as well as ALL the slots populated with memory under the SPD tab.

Sorry I also missed this one as some modules aren't loading consistently but also perform a search for this similar and apparently associated driver
GVTDrv64.sys 05/09/2006
Both seem to be associated with a Gigabyte utility called Dynamic Energy Saver Advanced if that helps, probably on the MoBo CD but are both known to cause blue screens especially if you are overclocking anything. Probably should reset any overclocking back to defaults just to eliminate that from the diagnostic process.

thanks alot, i uninstalled the gigabyte software, but did a search on GVTDrv64.sys and its still appearing, can this be deleted and not cause any system instability?, Plus I have done some overclocking however everything appears to be stable on that front.

Hi AoE.

Just for info, the GVTDrv64.sys driver is also related to Gigabyte EasyTune6.

yea I did a bit of digging on google, my issue now, however is, can this system file be removed or deleted and done so without causing havok to windows? I have already uninstalled the software.

Should be OK. Create a Restore Point and then re-name the file by changing it's extension. That'll prevent it from loading at the next boot. It will also "break" any software that may be using it. Hence the restore point as your get out of jail card.

Glad to hear that you were able to resolve your issue. Thanks for posting back and updating your thread with the solution that worked for you.
If problems should reoccur please let us know (just return to this thread and attach any new dump files) and we'll see what we can do to help further.
Regards
Randy

Think your post may have been a victim of the Holiday Season. It came in on the 28th and most folks were very busy. Recovering from Christmas and preparing for New Years.
Still glad we were able to help and hope you're computer is still OK.
Regards
Randy

Back