Windows 8 Random string of numbers and letters in background processes

Eathlome

I noticed a couple of things in my background processes and was wondering if anyone knows what they are.

cnss4E28.tmp
jnsd7D40.tmp
snsh8BDB.tmp
etc.

Looked them up on google and got no hits, any help would be appreciated.

They look like temp memory exes but without more info its hard to be sure... open the location and look.
Screenshot (134).png

p.s. anything in a temp file can and should be deleted... nothing good will be running in there.

Last edited:
I recomend you end the task, until we know more about them.
Screenshot (132).png

What have you got running... click the startup tab and take/ post a screen shot please.

wow most of that can be turned off... I'd keep the smartaudio, anti-v (Mcafee is not something I recommend however) and maybe the btmshell (bluetooth support)... remember that disabling these just stops them starting on auto at the system windows boot, i.e they are not un-installed and can still be turned back on as required.

edit: keep catalyst control as well.

If you want to then turn them back on slowly (i.e one at a time) until the mystery software comes back.

Last edited:
un
string1-png.29402

Seeing "uninstall.exe" leads me to believe you are dealing with a 3rd party app.

RIGHT-click on each & see if there is a product or company name mentioned in the Properties/Details tab.

You can also take a chance & RIGHT-click on uninstall.exe, select "Run as Administrator" to try and uninstall whatever it is.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

EDIT: Just noticed after post submission that the word "uninstall" goes hyper -- not sure why.

Seeing "uninstall.exe" leads me to believe you are dealing with a 3rd party app.

RIGHT-click on each & see if there is a product or company name mentioned in the Properties/Details tab.

You can also take a chance & RIGHT-click on uninstall.exe, select "Run as Administrator" to try and uninstall whatever it is.
Me too, but I don't advise removing it until we have a better idea what it does... for now, its not hurting anything and may be needed.

EDIT: Just noticed after post submission that the word "uninstall" goes hyper -- not sure why.

The forum code tries to be helpful "underlining" key words and making hyperlinks for them so muppets can look up what the word is. I personaly think its a pain because the links offen go no-where but assume Mike likes it... his forum = his rules.

Back