Windows 8.1 Really Windows 10, The Witcher 3...

Hi

I'm level 30 now, I've played for 120 hours and it say that I'm 46% of the way through the game.

I just finished the battle of Kaer Morhen and the follow up quests and I'm back in Novaguard again.

It's been pretty wild, I'm going to relax and do some of the local quests and treasure hunts for a while now.

I don't want to get through the main quest line until the very end.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Still only a lowly level 13 here but am enjoying the game non the less.

As I know there a few of us playing this game I've stickied the thread.

Anyone else playing the Witcher 3 and if so what are your thoughts... Like or dislike?

Just started playing this game too, loving the graphics and the story is great as well. still on the tutorials but getting the hang of it, its my first RPG game as i usually play FPS games so liking the chilled out feel of the game as well.

witcher3_en_1436197549.jpg

As some of you may know, we are finishing up work on our next big patch, Patch 1.07. It’s a very large update introducing some key changes, including:
  • A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt.
  • A player stash for storing items, available in various locations throughout the game. Stash locations are marked on the player's map.
  • Crafting and alchemy components no longer add to the overall inventory weight.
  • Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly grayed out.
  • Multiple sorting options are now available in the Inventory.
  • Alchemy formulas and crafting diagrams can be "pinned", meaning all components and ingredients required to make them will be conveniently marked in the Shop panel.
  • Dozens of fixes for quest related issues, both major and minor.
  • A few performance enhancements, including the optimization of FX, scenes and general gameplay.
  • Various improvements to horse behavior.

Since it's been all hands on deck working to finish and release this patch on time, we won’t be publishing a free DLC this week (don’t worry - free content comes back next week). We hope you understand our decision. We’ve gathered so much feedback from you over the past couple of weeks and we want to implement as much of it as possible. The full change list for the patch 1.07 will be coming later this week. Stay tuned for info about the release of the update itself.
ref:
http://thewitcher.com/news/view/1078

Witcher 3 just started updating for the 1.07 patch.. 2.2GB

oops it isn't the patch:

That's an update of our artpack (artbook, soundtrack, map, manual, wallpapers etc.). You can check them out by going to: Properties (from Library view)->Local files->Browse local files. Files are in main game folder.

Cheers
Łukasz Babiel, CD Projekt RED

The recent 2.2GB patch was for screenshots, soundtracks and other such goodies. The sound track is beautiful in places especially the track called The fields of An Skellig... Wow Just gives me goose bumps listening to it.. Atmospheric, dreamy and perfect for the game.

Hi

I started over, after finishing the game.
This time I'm doing stuff I missed the first time through like playing Gwent.

I just didn't get this the first time, but this time I played the guy in the Inn in the starting area over and over until I could beat him every time.

There is a lot more strategy than is apparent at first.

Like losing the first round in such a way that you make the opponent use up too many cards, so that in the next two rounds you have a big advantage.

I was able to get him in a position where he had no cards to use in the last round at all.

If you have the sunny weather card, you can look like you are behind by holding it back while adding troops to affected areas and then pow, you remove the weather effects and suddenly your score quadruples and you blow him away.

And I've used the card that lets you take back one of your card by placing a really high card on the table, forcing the opponent to play several cards to catch up to you, then take it off the table and lose the round but gain the advantage of having several more cards in the final two rounds.

Since the starter area I've played 3 other opponents, the one in the palace has much better cards and I couldn't beat him.
But the other npcs I played I was able to beat, gaining two new cards to my deck.

Remember that 2 passes in a row ends the game so you can never pass when you are behind unless you want to lose the round.

But this means that if you pass first when you are ahead your opponent will keep playing until he's is ahead of you.
That means if you can get a fairly large lead he may have to use two cards to your one.

I had problems with the Spy card, which counts for your opponent and has a high value, but gives you two extra cards.

But if you have the correct weather card you can apply it and make the spy only worth one point, as long as you are attacking with unaffected troops, i.e. bowmen.

Anyway it's adds a whole new element to the game.

I'm looking forward to patch 1.07 which will make a lot of changes including making materials used for crafting not count towards your weight limit. The secret with alchemy is just save everything that you can find until you've made all the important items.

Well time to get out of the forums and into the game. LOL

Mike

Patch is incoming:
The latest patch for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be available sometime in the next day, developer CD Projekt Red has revealed.

In a post on Twitter this afternoon, community lead Marcin Momot announced that the patch will be available in the next 24 hours. It will be available on all platforms--PC, Xbox One, and PS4--and brings the game up to version 1.07.

As revealed last week, this is a major update for the game. Among other things, it offers a new "alternative movement style" for Geralt, a stash for players to store items in, and a wide variety of fixes for everything from game performance to typos.

The Witcher 3 continues to receive free DLC, with the latest batch including a new outfit for Ciri. Officially revealed earlier this week, this is the same content that accidentally went live ahead of schedule.

You can check out the full list of 1.07 patch notes below.

• Introduces an alternative movement style for Geralt. To enable, go to the Gameplay\Movement Response submenu.
  • Fixes a rare issue where the player's horse would not fall to the ground properly.
  • Fixes a rare issue where the player could be locked into the aiming animation if hit while throwing a bomb on horseback.
  • Fixes a rare issue with an infinite loading screen in the Ladies of the Wood quest.
  • Includes a variety of collision fixes.
  • Fixes an issue where Wild Hunt warriors would remain present even after the player completed the main storyline.
  • Fixes an issue where players could repeatedly buy foreign currency from a loan shark and sell it at the Vivaldi Bank.
  • Fixes an exploit whereby players could loot gold from a single chest more than once.
  • Fixes an issue whereby some skills were not properly removed after the player used the Potion of Clearance.
  • Fixes an issue with target locking, which should now be more responsive.
  • Introduces a number of changes in selected game-world areas to prevent players from unexpectedly progressing quests or leaving the playable area by climbing certain elements of the landscape.
  • Fixes an issue where sometimes players could not use Signs after reaching Skellige for the first time.
  • Fixes an issue where damage from certain sources was incorrectly calculated.
  • Fixes an issue where the durability of alternative weapons did not drop as intended.
  • Fixes an issue where the game would remain in slow motion if the player had used manual targeting.
  • Fixes an issue whereby meditation could be blocked by certain quests.
  • Fixes an issue where Stamina did not always regenerate properly.
  • Fixes an issue where Geralt's statistics could be multiplied if the player stood in a Dimeritium bomb cloud while the Cluster skill was activated.
  • Introduces a number of fixes, improvements and clarifications in the map-pins and objectives for multiple quests.
  • Fixes an issue where in certain circumstances gravity ceased to apply to the player's horse.
  • Adds a stash for player convenience. Players can now store loot in their stash, access to which is available in different parts of the world. Stash locations are marked on the map.
  • Fixes an issue whereby the player's horse would often stop abruptly before bridges or other narrow passages.
  • Fixes an issue whereby encumbrance was not updating correctly, resulting in players being overburdened where in fact they were not.
  • Fixes a rare issue where players were unable to choose different Signs.
  • Fixes an issue where the player was sometimes unable to craft glyphs.
  • Fixes an issue where not all merchants would accept junk loot.
  • All crafting components and alchemy ingredients now weigh nothing.
  • Fixes an issue where certain armor/hairstyle combinations interacted incorrectly.
  • Fixes an issue where instances of the Quen Sign would occasionally burst during dialogue scenes.
  • Fixes a rare issue where the player could not play gwent with Madame Serenity at the Passiflora.
  • The Zoltan gwent card should now always be present beneath the Hanged Man's Tree if the player does not win it earlier in White Orchard.
  • Fixes a rare issue where players could not talk to, or play gwent with, the innkeeper at the Inn at the Crossroads.
  • Includes a number of wording and spelling fixes in multiple localized versions.
  • Introduces a number of improvements in the game streaming system. Players should experience fewer blurred textures, NPC spawn times should be markedly reduced, and there should be an overall improvement in the speed with which game assets are loaded. Streaming system improvements should be most noticeable on consoles and systems with non-SSD drives.
  • Improves performance in the swamps of the No Man's Land region.
  • Fixes an issue whereby the presence of fog could adversely affect game performance.
  • Optimizes various FX which should result in improved performance during the Battle of Kaer Morhen quest.
  • Introduces a number of optimizations that improve overall performance throughout the game.
  • Improves overall game performance.
  • Fixes an issue where Keira's magic bubble could adversely affect performance.
  • Fixes an issue whereby the mouse cursor would remain visible during in-game video playback.
  • Adds a warning if the user runs out of disk space and wants to crate a new game save.
  • Fixes an issue whereby Colorblind mode was not properly saved.
  • Fixes an issue whereby Zoltan would sometimes appear in the incorrect location after the Novigrad, Closed City quest.
  • Fixes an issue during the Last Wish quest whereby Geralt would continue his conversation with Yennefer after they parted.
  • Fixes an issue where two simultaneous instances of some characters would appear in a scene in the Broken Flowers quest.
  • Fixes an issue whereby some objectives were not available to the player and would be automatically failed during the Battle of Kaer Morhen quest..
  • Fixes an issue where in certain circumstances Lambert did not board the boat during the Final Trial quest.
  • Fixes an issue where in certain circumstances Madame Serenity was improperly placed during the Deadly Plot quest.
  • Fixes an issue where the Fake Papers quest would be failed if the player did not mention that one of the brothers was dead.
  • Fixes an issue whereby players would sometimes be unable to start the final horse race, The Heroes' Pursuits: For the Goddess' Glory! in Skellige.
  • Fixes an issue where unintended objects were present in Novigrad after the Battle of Kaer Morhen quest.
  • Fixes an issue where a progression break could occur if Geralt was knocked out by guards while following the Bloody Baron during the Family Matters quest.
  • Fixes an issue where players were sometimes unable to interact with a torch in the Get Junior quest.
  • Fixes an issue where players could sometimes experience an infinite loading screen during the Iron Maiden quest.
  • Fixes an issue where in certain circumstances players could encounter a blocker during the Contract: The Apiarian Phantom quest. Players who have encountered this bug need to backtrack to the frozen hive and examine the footprints around it again.
  • Fixes an issue whereby the player could get locked inside a room during the Through Time and Space quest.
  • Fixes an issue where on rare occasions players were unable to progress the game after the Get Junior quest, specifically upon reaching Vernon Roche's camp.
  • Fixes an issue whereby purchasing wine during the It Takes Three to Tango quest would not always progress the quest properly.
  • Fixes an issue where the In Wolf's Clothing quest did not progress properly after the player read Morkvarg's journal.
  • Fixes an issue where on some rare occasions players were unable to interact with the Wild Hunt soldier's body during the Echoes of the Past quest.
  • Fixes an issue whereby Keira would not always properly use the portal during the For the Advancement of Learning quest if asked to go to Kaer Morhen.
  • Fixes an issue where the Scoia'tael from Novigrad was not always available to play in the Gwent quest.
  • Fixes an issue where the player could get blocked inside a cellar during the King's Gambit quest.
  • Fixes an issue where in certain situations the player was unable to find Triss during the Final Preparations quest.
  • Fixes an issue where occasionally the Kingfisher tavern was left without an innkeeper after the Now or Never quest.
  • Fixes an issue where Yennefer was not spawned in Oxenfurt during the Great Escape quest.
  • Fixes a rare issue where Captain Wolverstone was not at the Golden Sturgeon when intended.
  • Fixes a rare issue where the bodyguards in the Reason of State quest were not hostile.
  • Fixes a rare issue where the griffin would not always appear in the Contract: The Creature from the Oxenfurt Forest quest.
  • Fixes an issue where the wyvern would not appear in the Contract: Phantom of the Trade Route quest.
  • Fixes an issue with enlisting Sukrus from Skellige to be Hattori's bodyguard in the Of Swords and Dumplings quest.
  • Fixes a rare issue whereby the visions in the Echoes of the Past quest were not displayed.
  • The Contract: Devil by the Well quest no longer counts towards the Geralt: The Professional achievement.
  • Fixes a rare issue when the player could not speak with Lambert at Kaer Morhen during the Final Trial quest.
  • Fixes a rare issue where players could not always complete the Hey, You Wanna Look at my Stuff? quest.
  • Fixes an issue where players were sometimes unable to summon a horse after the Fencing Lessons quest.
  • Fixes an issue where in the Scavenger Hunt: Viper School Gear quest the gate to the mausoleum was locked.
  • Fixes an issue where players could not use Signs or swords after the fistfight at the Rosemary and Thyme during the Broken Flowers quest.
  • Fixes a rare issue whereby players could not examine the source of interference during the Disturbance quest.
  • Fixes an issue with the Dirty Funds quest.
  • Fixes a rare issue with a loading screen in the Contract: The Phantom of Eldberg quest.
  • Fixes a issue with a loading screen at Aeramas' residence during the Of Dairy and Darkness quest.
  • Fixes an issue where quest givers for the Deadly Delights and Jenny o' the Woods contracts would disappear.
  • Introduces a number of improvements to overall game stability.
  • Fixes an issue where the Potion of Clearance would pop into the quick slot if the player ran out of food.
  • Adds a Books tab to the Inventory panel.
  • Introduces a number of additional loading screen hints.
  • Introduces a pinning feature for formulae and diagrams. Ingredients and components for pinned formulae/diagrams are highlighted in the shop view. This should greatly facilitate the purchase of currently needed elements.
  • Introduces a feature whereby currently equipped items are highlighted in the Repair panel, facilitating prioritization of items needing repair.
  • Adds a feature whereby read and unread books are marked differently in the Inventory panel.
  • The list of all available DLC packages is now displayed in the Main Menu/Options/Downloadable Content submenu for better clarity.
  • Enabled additional settings that decreases the hair and fur image quality slightly, without compromising its general appearance, to optimize HairWorks on a wider range of hardware.
ref:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-witcher-3s-next-patch-arrives-very-soon/1100-6428980/

I've been looking forward to this, especially not having crafting supplies weigh anything.

I just updated to build 10240 and everything is working fine. Only one problem I got was my (Witcher 3 game ) lost its game saves for some reason. All my other games were fine but witcher 3 lost all saves for some reason. Luckily I was only on level 10 so can soon catch up again. Anyone else had this problem? (It was installed on a separate games drive with all my steam games).

Hi

I didn't have any trouble with The Witcher 3, it resumed right where I left off.
In an earlier update I had to reinstall DX and one of those DSCV things, to get it to run again.

That's one of the things I don't like about modern games.
The fact that the saves go in the Users folder.

I don't install any of my games on my C:\ drive and I'd like the saves to be in the game folder.
Partly because they can add up to a lot of space, and because they get replaced with older ones when you restore a system image.

If you forget to back them up, or don't have the opportunity because of a failure to boot, you lose all your progress.

Mike

If you make a backup of the witcher 3 folder found in the Documents folder then your saves will be..er..saved. :)

Oh and has anyone got the damned patch yet? It's out on consoles weighing in at 7.5GB!!! PC version has yet to appear so it seems.

Patch just started downloading. Looks like a 5GB download for PC.

If you make a backup of the witcher 3 folder found in the Documents folder then your saves will be..er..saved. :)

I actually do have a Game Saves folder in my GOG folder, and I periodically copy the saves in my Users folder to it.
I then delete all but 20 or so saves from the folder in Users to keep the size of the files down.

I'm working on my second time though now so I have made a lot of saves. LOL

Mike

Hi

I just checked and I have a notice that update failed, probably because our power went off this morning.
It says connection issue, but when I click on Retry I don't see any indication that anything is happening.

I looked it says that my Download Queue is Empty?

Anyone know how to see if it's doing anything?

Mike

Back