Windows 8 Realtek audio static..

John Wi k

I recently just bought an ASUS Windows 8.1. I plugged in my Turtle Beach X12's and installed the latest Realtek High Definiton sound driver, and when I skyped my friends they complained about a loud static noise. How can I fix this?

Hi

Do you know if the problem existed before you updated the drives?

I ask because updating my drivers for my Creative Audigy Sound Card messed up the sound on my Windows 8 computer.
It worked fine with the default Windows drivers.

If you don't know, and you don't have a lot of time invested in setting up your computer you could reset in to factory state and start over.

Do you have a restore point before you updated the drivers?

I'm assuming this is a laptop?

Mike

Hi

Do you know if the problem existed before you updated the drives?

I ask because updating my drivers for my Creative Audigy Sound Card messed up the sound on my Windows 8 computer.
It worked fine with the default Windows drivers.

If you don't know, and you don't have a lot of time invested in setting up your computer you could reset in to factory state and start over.

Do you have a restore point before you updated the drivers?

I'm assuming this is a laptop?

Mike
I wouldn't be able to tell you if the thing sounded weird before, becuase the second I plugged my mic in it auto installed the drivers. This is not a laptop is it a ASUS Essentio m11bb-b07 desktop. Sometimes the sound is even weird too.

Hi

What kind of soundcard do you have?
What are you using for a microphone?

You could try uninstalling the sound card in Device Manager and rebooting.
Windows will install the default drivers when you reboot.

As I said I had sound issues in Windows 8.1 but not 8.
I had sound but it was distorted especially speech, and in computer games.

I'm using a Microsoft Webcam for my mike and my sound is very good.

Sometimes it works better if you just have different drivers, look and see if you can download legacy drivers for you card.
In my case the old drivers work a lot better then the new ones.

Mike

I recently just bought an ASUS Windows 8.1. I plugged in my Turtle Beach X12's and installed the latest Realtek High Definiton sound driver, and when I skyped my friends they complained about a loud static noise. How can I fix this?
Where are you plugging in the headset as this can at times make a difference.

Hi

What kind of soundcard do you have?
What are you using for a microphone?

You could try uninstalling the sound card in Device Manager and rebooting.
Windows will install the default drivers when you reboot.

As I said I had sound issues in Windows 8.1 but not 8.
I had sound but it was distorted especially speech, and in computer games.

I'm using a Microsoft Webcam for my mike and my sound is very good.

Sometimes it works better if you just have different drivers, look and see if you can download legacy drivers for you card.
In my case the old drivers work a lot better then the new ones.

Mike
The type of sound card that is installed on this computer is a AMD High Definition Audio. The microphone that I am using is Turtle Beach X12

Have you checked your USB drivers are up to date too?
This link is the support page for the headset and how to test for a dead mic. I know your isn't dead but it also mentions static and may help if only for you to have access to their knowledge base.. :
http://support.turtlebeach.com/entry/607418123/

Hi

You said that friends reported that they heard Static, if you haven't already before you do anything else make a Skype test call to Echo Sound Testing Service and listen for yourself and see how your voice sounds when it's played back?

That will let you test how it sounds as you experiment with it.

I'm not familiar with the Turtle Beach stuff but you could have it plugged into either a sound port (2 small round plugs, probably green and red one for in and one for out) or a USB connection, depending on how it works.

I found this, I don't know if there's anything there that you haven't done.

http://support.turtlebeach.com/entry/607418123/

Mike

Back