Windows 7 "Reboot and select proper boot device" Win 7 won't install on SSD

windows7forumss

I;m trying to install Windows 7, but instead of loading the windows disk it just says "reboot and select proper boot device"
I already told the BIOS to boot from disk.

Help?

If you have set everything correctly and are hitting a key to boot from a DVD, I would suspect your Install Media. Where did you get it, and if you burned it yourself, you might try again and possibly even re-download it.

Did you download it in iso form? If so, don't burn any faster than 4x otherwise it leads to problems.

If you do continue to have problems, you might think about using a flash drive to install. Perhaps there is something about your DVD drive that might be involved.

Alright, so I tried it instead with a 32-bit disk and it works. I'm puzzled though because I've had win7-64 bit on this computer before (i just lost the CD).
i've burned a few 64 bit cds from my university website but none of them work. i'll see if I can find a USB big enough.

I checked the iso hash and it was correct, so i don't know what's going on. I used the slowest speed for this last disk.

Hmm... I wonder why those 64bit disks won't work? Have you tried them in a friends machine? If you get the same issue it could be the actual brand or batch of disks your using..

I tried booting from the USB and it worked!
So for some reason my DVD drive or hard drive didn't like the 64-bit windows DVDs, but was fine with USB.
Thanks for the help!

Back