Windows 10 Recently upgraded to win 10

wilhelm1

I have so far only 2 problems with Win 10. I some how have 2 sign in's wanting a password.
One is coming from my Hotmail account and the other one I know not where it came from. I can get
in with the Hotmail password but I would prefer to do away with the password all together.

The other problem is I like to use an external mouse and want to disable the laptop's internal mouse. As I am always touching it and messing up my typing.

Have tried all that I know about computers and nothing works for me. Any help appreciated.

PS the only thing I use on Win 10 is the weather and news tile and do all my work on Win 7.

Last edited:
Hi

You can do away with the password by doing this...

Open the Run Window.

Type netplwiz

Uncheck the box that says "User must enter a password to login" or something to that effect and click Apply.

If you have 2 users you may have to do that for both of them.
Both should show in the netplwiz window.

You should have the option to turn off the touch pad in Mouse & Touchpad settings.
Open Settings from the start button, and then type in Mouse and Touchpad Settings in the search window.

Mike

The other sign in is prob for the drop box... you can disable it from the startup tab
Screenshot (5).png

Hi

You can do away with the password by doing this...

Open the Run Window.

Type netplwiz

Uncheck the box that says "User must enter a password to login" or something to that effect and click Apply.

If you have 2 users you may have to do that for both of them.
Both should show in the netplwiz window.

You should have the option to turn off the touch pad in Mouse & Touchpad settings.
Open Settings from the start button, and then type in Mouse and Touchpad Settings in the search window.

Mike

It was not easy to get rid of the 2 sign in's but I "muddled along" and finally was able to get rid of them. One of the problems I found was it made a difference whether you made the change in Win 7 or Win 10.. Mission Accomplished, Thanks Mike and Norway

Hi

I probably should have suggested that it may be necessary to log into each user to change the settings.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom