Windows 8 Recover files from deleted user

Mdnelson

I am using windows 8 and deleted a user. In that user I had outlook set up. I am looking for the location of all those emails that were being used by this deleted user.

Can someone help me recover the emails from Outlook of this deleted user.

They are stored in the back ups every computer user makes as matter of protocol.

Possible Options;

1. The files are on a server connected over the network.

2. The outlook program is for an email account that stores a copy on the website like Hotmail does.

3. You shut the system down immediately and have the money to get the drive professionally re-formatted.

You need to know which drive the email file was stored on and then you need to ensure that no file operations (create, delete, copy etc) are carried out on the drive. Any file activity on the drive will reduce your chances of successful recovery. If you only have one drive on the pc you should remove it and connect it to another pc to avoid it getting written to. Then download a copy of recuva (free) from here:

http://www.piriform.com/recuva/download

Use recuva to scan the drive to find and "undelete" your outlook file(s). You need to be searching for file(s) with an extension of pst.

Hi Mdnelson

At the time of Hard- deletion, there is no way to retrieve Outlook emails because Scanpse.exe doesn’t work in high level corruption. At that time, you should move on a third party utility like- SysTools Outlook recovery software, its provides you free-trail version facility which helps you to recover 25 items per folder and show preview of all recovered data.

I suppose I would ask, when you deleted the user, you may have had an option to remove all the files or not. Do you remember?

Hi Saltgrass,

When an user account has been deleted from Outlook its files don’t get automatically removed. For removing them you have to manually delete each and every email of that particular account or if you define and rule for particular accounts email to dropdown in a particular folder then the task become easy as you have to delete that folder only.

Back
Top Bottom