Windows 7 Recycle Bin Help? Groups? Letters/Numbers?

longhorn6

So my recycle bin has been fine for awhile, but recently i was in my bin and i dont remember where but i think i accidentally pressed something that made my files into groups like 0-9 and Q-Z and Other. It's been bugging me like crazy and this forum is my last resort. BEFORE it was just the files by medium icons. but now i have to click these groups and there will be some files. I liked it when there WERE NO GROUPS. i tried everything to change it back. i think it has to do with the NAME i try to unclick name and that ding noise comes on and it wont unclick it?

There is the option thing to unclick the "group" by the NAME but it doesn't seem to get rid of these groups AHHHHHHHHHHHH I'll unclick all but one then go to click the last group and all of them pop up again.

ANY HELP??????

Its jus its been bugging me and its like theres no solution, it must be hidden, and yes i am administrator.

In answer to the OP's query. Have you tried the option in the drop down View - "group by" "None"

With the utmost respect, Tblount, I think your default annotation "I solved my problems. I just did a clean install." is not such a good idea. Newbies mught grab on to this as a suggestion, for the most simple problems??

Last edited:
Wow I feel like such an idiot-------View=Group by=NONE
Thanks so much Rak, u were a big help. I have ocd so i wanted my recycle bin to be the way i like it, yea i could jus empty recycle bin. But i like my folders/files nice and neat. Even if i'm jus gonna delete em' LOLZ
Thanks so much for fast/speedy answer
I like how i'm a computer geek and download torrents using isohunt using vuze and making dvds with special software and stuff but yet i couldn't figure out how to undo the grouping in my Bin hahahaha
Nice car reghakr, my dad has a 66' chevelle painted candy apple red, what year is that one?? i think sumethin like 450hp forgot wha kind of engine tho
Thanks again,
Longhorn6

I'm still trying to figure out why someone wants to organize their recycle bin... is there any more risky place to store files?

Well maybe the Seagate 7200 rpm drives that nearly all "Brick"

Lol. If you study posts in forums such as this, I am sure you will agree that there is a huge amount of customisation, purely for the sake being "different" often with very little visual, and nil performance impact on the system.

Lol. If you study posts in forums such as this, I am sure you will agree that there is a huge amount of customisation, purely for the sake being "different" often with very little visual, and nil performance impact on the system.

All I'm saying is that someone who spends their time orgainzing the recycle bin must not have discovered internet.

If you had OCD like i do, and have your files organized so u could actually find stuff then you'd understand. And yea dude i discovered the world wide web ;) I jus like being organized and if somethings bugging me i find a solution without stopping and finish the prob.

If you had OCD like i do, and have your files organized so u could actually find stuff then you'd understand. And yea dude i discovered the world wide web ;) I jus like being organized and if somethings bugging me i find a solution without stopping and finish the prob.

I'm not a medical doctor and I seldom even pretend to be one (you know.. to impress the ladies and such).. but if you are organizing your recycle bin... you've got the worse case of OCD I've ever heard of.

...but don't get upset with me ... I know how OCDs are... Write a email, check the stove, write a email, check the stove.... My mailbox will be full tomorrow.

Not to be rude, but.........

I keep a very clean computer and thruthfully don't understqnd what the big deal with the recycle bin is.....IMHO.

We work with the OS and applications, not the recycle Bin.

Not to be rude, but.........

I keep a very clean computer and thruthfully don't understqnd what the big deal with the recycle bin is.....IMHO.

We work with the OS and applications, not the recycle Bin.

He would love my recycle bin, it's empty ... I don't send files there... if I say Delete .. that's final.

For newbies, that might not be a good solution, but I get your point.:)

You're probably right.... if you got OCD you'll just look for somthing else to count or organize or check .. may as well delete some more files and organize them in the recycle bin. I'm wondering if a rubix cube pushes ocd folks over the edge?

I also, rarely find a need to peep into the recycle.bin. I would, however, would comment that it is probably bad advice to delete directly, rather than use it. The recycle bin, full or empty, is taking up infinitismal resources.
I would say, with confidence, that it is a very thorough and careful user who has never deleted something that he later regrets.
However, what posters do with their computers is of no concern to me, I merely offer help for the problem in hand, when I am able. In the case of this thread, the OP has stated his opinion and , I think, no longer has much interest in this thread.

Lot of "Dudes" cropping up on this site. I thought a Dude was a person who dressed well for the part but kept falling off a horse!

Last edited:
my recycle bin is Limbo land , I pride myself on the fact that I've never been tempted to rearrange it :)

Back