Windows 7 red lines in media player 12 help

seancamlive

I recently did factory reset on my acer vista home premium 64 bit OS.. before installing my windows 7 home premium upgrade retail.
It is my understanding that this upgraded my windows media player from version 11 to 12 as it appears only version 12 runs on windows 7. I have red lines running up and down through video on any playback of any video in media player 12. I cannot find any support or way to repair or reinstall media player 12.. Is there a repair utility for this media player or a way to repair or reinstall it to see if that will fix the problem?
Thanks in advance

Hello and welcome to the windows7forums.

The first thing to check would be your video card. Could you give us the exact make and model of your card?

Please fill in your computer specifications in the UserCP link at the top left side of the screen.

You didn't need to do an upgrade. I myself bought the Windows 7 Professional Upgrade.

I used a open source too called GParted to delete all partitions on all hard drives, then began creating my own to the exact size I wanted.

I then put the Windows 7 disk in and chose the Advanced box rather than the upgrade box and it installed and is working fine.

The problem with upgrades is that they leave hundreds of useless files on your system and can cause conflicts

Well, you can remove it by going to programs and features and looking for the Turn Windows Features on or off. Uninstall from this panel.

I do not think you have to update media player before the upgrade, Windows 7 surely knows how to handle that.

Media player has red lines running through video

Um yeah I did have my computer stats in the profile already.. Its an acer core 2 quad i bought it in june so acer sent me a free win 7 upgrade disk.. Win Vista Home premium 64 bit -to- Win 7 home premium 64 bit Upgrade fulfill .. is the name of the disc.. its designed specifically to upgrade my exact computer to win 7. I have a core 2 quad.. i did a full format reset to factory of vista b4 installing the upgrade so there would be no missing or corrupt files.. it made me remove outlook express/ windows live mail before upgrading... I had no problems.. it installed and updated media player version 12. I have 6 gigs ram 520 gig hd onboard graphics ati radeon 3200 that utilizes a maximum of 2 gigs ram. I play world of warcraft and everquest2 on this system with no video bugs or lag or issues at all (the video in these games is stunning with this onboard graphics). I do not have a video card.... For some reason my media player 12 has red lines in the video.. i have tried and cannot fix this.. even if i play a movie in a web browser.. <<i assume media player is the imbedded video web browser player>>.. there are red lines in the video. :confused:

If yours is the HD ati radeon 3200........

I've located 64-bit Windows 7 drivers here:

AMD Support Search

It's the 4th one down.

Create a restore point before installing

Do you use Media Center?

Last edited:
Back