Windows 10 Registry error, can not restore pc

Christopher18118

I have a HP laptop from Costco that runs windows ten, on a 64bit amd processer. Recently I was editing the registry and instead of renaming my file (the file had to do with command prompt) I deleted it be mistake. I have a back up reg file but due to the error it did not load. I figured this was not a problem and was willing to restore the PC. I rebooted into recovery setup menu and tried a fix involving using command prompt to restore the reg file. This "completed successfully" but when the PC rebooted I was meet with the blue screen of death. OK fine now i need to back up the PC from the backup partition on my hard drive. After rebooting into the menu it said i needed to log in with an admin account. Then it told me i had none even though the account I used everyday had full admin. I can get to bios, and that is about it. I really just want to restore my reg file but if not i want to restore from my hard drive partition back up. RN the only option seems to boot a new hard drive with windows, boot my laptop from that external hard drive and then with that maybe get in to the PC? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

You can access Windows partitions (files and folders) by using a Linux live-DVD/USB.

From what you wrote I understand that you cannot boot into Safe Mode or am I wrong?

Back
Top Bottom