Windows Vista Reinstal vista from a partitioned drive

wainuiomata

I have new HP desktop that came with Vista Premium preinstalled.
I do not have a vista instalation disk because Hp does not give them out but insteaad allows you to reinstal from a partitioned space on C drive where HP have supposingly copied the Vista operating system disk files.
How the hell do I go about reinstaling Vista from this machine?
How do I boot to the instaltion files ?
I have tried every boot sequence from the start up screen but my computer just boots up normally into C drive.
I HATE HP........HP SUCKS
HP should have given me the instaltion CD and not dumped me with some crappy alternative method of reinstaling Windows vista!
WILL NOT BUY A HP COMPUTER AGAIN!!
I have spent hours on the net trying to contact HP and find out how to access the instaltion files from start up but HP do not appear to have any sites anywhere in the world where they give you any options to ask such questions.
I purchased the new machine from JB Hi Fi in Whitfords, Western Australia and after taking my cash they just dont want to know.........(Apparantly not thier concern and I should spend more money with a tech if I want to reinstal system)
Wont be buying anything else from JB Hi Fi either!
nyone out there know how to solve this mstery?
How do I reinstal Windows Vista on to "C" Drive from a set of instalation files which live on a partioned space of the same drive?
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help

My mum had a HP and they gave her a rescue disk. This allowed you to set it back to the factory default (in other words re-install Vista). She actually rang HP ( here in UK) and they sent her a disk maybe you have got to do the same? Otherwise buy your own copy of Vista and reformat.

Re: Reinstall vista from a partitioned drive

I have just completed a system recovery on a HP computer and its quite easy.

If you have the Troubleshooting and Maintenance Guide that came with the PC, go to page 27 and follow the instructions.

If you don't have the guide let me know and I could post a brief explanation.

Good luck

Dave

Before stating this Ihad to check if HP still did this

while working on someone else's HP (I build all my own systems)
I needed the system disks

if you have not yet wiped your old operating system

HP Recovery Manager utility allows you to make your own system disks

full explaination is here

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Net :)

Back