Windows 7 Remote Access Services - 711 / 1068 Errors

DeathCradle

I have a Wireless broadband modem, but it wont connect.
I put it into a vista computer, and it basically connected, except it went to a different error about ports or something.

back on windows 7, i try to connect through the taskbar way, and i get the error 711
Code:
Cannot load Remote Access Connection Manager Service.

Error 711: The operation could not finish because it could not start the Remote Access Connection Manager service in time. Please try the operation again.

So i go into services (start -> Services) and look for Remote Access Connection Manager, and try to start it and get the error 1068.

Does anyone know anything about this?

yeah, 'Telephony' was running when i first posted lol

I read another post about reinstalling w7, but i kinda don't want to have to do that, because i have no idea if that will even work. And yer,

nah still did not work,
Remote Access Auto Connection Manager
Remote Access Connection Manager

How to get them started?

In services.msc double click remote access connection manager and then on the dependencies tab, I see it also requres the "Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol Service" to be started, so, the obvious question, is it"

I had tried running the dependencies at first, i beleive i had also acheived the error 1068.

But anyhow, cybercore, and Trouble,
Thanks for your help, but i have managed to get it working

I rang the provider (about optus wireless broadband e160e) and the dude said the drivers currently out are not working correctly in 64bit versions of windows at this point.
He also said some people have managed to get it working with their systems still running 64.

So i reinstalled windows 7, over the top of itself, same version and all, i log in, install the optus software, and BAM everything starts to work, (I left the e160 usb modem in, must be detected as modem on install?)

I check the services and i see Remote Access Connection Manager Started, unlike before.

So it seems all under way,
Thanks for your help asweel, it's appreciated

Congrats, glad you got it up and running, I for one would probably never have thought of doing something like that, did the guy from optus recommend trying that or did you just figure it out on your own. Anyway good work and thanks for posting back and letting us know how you resolved it.

Congrats, glad you got it up and running, I for one would probably never have thought of doing something like that, did the guy from optus recommend trying that or did you just figure it out on your own. Anyway good work and thanks for posting back and letting us know how you resolved it.

The optus guy said that some people have made it work in 64bit,

But i just experimented, I was hoping to fix two problems i had, one being the optus thing (now resolved), and a wireless adapter, who thinks its a Ethernet Adpater instead of a Network Adapter, even with its drivers (it did work on W7 Beta).
I also did it for the fact, its a new system and i wont lose much.

Thanks for your help,
-Luke

Back