Windows 7 Remote desktop not working...

ScottChapman

I have two Windows 7 Pro machines, and I have remote desktop turned on for both.

I can get from machine A -> Machine B

But not from machine B -> Machine A

(Note: machine A was upgraded from WIndows 7 Home edition).

The error I am getting says that it cannot connect to the remote computer (machine A).

I can browse to it, and get to files on it just fine. And I have no firewall enabled on machine A

Any ideas? Are there any specific services I should make sure are running properly?

Scott:
Hello and welcome to the forums. This is just a guess, but perhaps the upgrade from Home Premium, which doesn't support hosting a remote desktop session, may have failed to install the proper DLLs in the C:\Windows\System32 directory. I've included a couple screen shots see if they are any help at all and let us know.

ooo I think you are on to something.

I only see three of those 4 services. Can you completely expand the names so perhaps I can tell which one I might be missing?

Sure, I realized after I snipped it that it wasn't all that easy to interpret. Also make sure you examine the two dlls, and compare the size and date to the ones on the Win7 pro machine that you can RDP to if they are different then that could be the problem

Back