Windows 10 Remove Edge as default browser

• Press [Windows key + i]
  • Click Apps
  • Click 'Default Apps'
  • Click the current browser under 'Web browser'
  • Select desired browser

While on the topics of browsers, I am trying to use other browsers than Chrome. I have installed Firefox. I find that every site that requires a sign-in I must sign in EVERY time I use FF. I click remember me or stay signed in but it doesn't happen. Any thoughts? Thanks

That can depend on a lot of things. A common "remember me" method is the website will store a cookie on your system to authenticate you. Browser settings can either block or delete the cookies as a means of protecting privacy, so you'd need to look into the browser settings.

I thought that may be the problem however, when I rt click on ff icon, hoping to look into the browser settings, no deal. I can't seem to get to the guts of this program to check its settings.
It is possible to change privacy settings, however, if I can get there. True? Thanks.

I did find a way in and changed the privacy settings from strict to standard but no deal. Thanks again.

Some websites can even instruct the browser not to store credentials or remember logins

You can easily change default application in the Windows 10 environment. These are the safest and official steps for changing the default browser :-
  1. Select the Start button, and then type Default apps.
  2. In the search results, select Default apps.
  3. Under Web browser, select the browser currently listed, and then select Microsoft Edge or another browser.
Hope this answers your query.

Back