Remove the WindowsActivationUpdate and Active Windows Scam (Removal Guide)

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
A big thanks to John Carrona Sr and Corrine Chorney for sharing this:

''This guide is for the WindowsActivationUpdate and Active Windows Scam program from the Rogue.Tech-Support-Scam family. When this infection is installed it will pretend to install an update on the computer that prompts you to press the OK button. Once you press the OK button, the computer will restart, and when you login, instead of being shown your Windows desktop, you will be shown a fake product activation screen''.

This is taken from BleepingComputer.com and the rest of this informative guide can be found here:
Remove the WindowsActivationUpdate and Active Windows Scam (Removal Guide)

HELP!...any advice please.. i have had some serious bad luck, bought an msi pc i7, to custom build, worked fine with windows 7,than uploaded windows 10 build version , pc was slowing down and lagging , long story short, had to format hard drive and tried to reinstall build win 10 version and it doesnt accept my product key...any idea, how i can i get it sorted in some way to run decently PLEASE!!

HELP!...any advice please.. i have had some serious bad luck, bought an msi pc i7, to custom build, worked fine with windows 7,than uploaded windows 10 build version , pc was slowing down and lagging , long story short, had to format hard drive and tried to reinstall build win 10 version and it doesnt accept my product key...any idea, how i can i get it sorted in some way to run decently PLEASE!!
As long as you had a genuine, activated copy of win 7 which you then upgraded to Windows 10 then you shouldn't need to input any key what so ever. When you get to the activation stage of a clean install simply click 'I don't have one' and windows will activate automatically once your signed in and online.
As I mentioned earlier for this to happen one needs to have first upgraded to Windows 10. After the upgrade you can clean install as many times as you like.

Back