Windows 7 removing software programme

zwever

Hallo you all
Windows 7 home premium SP1 64Bits

I recently installed a programme 'PC Companion' from Sony, a tool to synchronise Sony portable phones.
It worked 2 times but when I start it now get a message from windows that the programme does not work
any more and that it is searching for a solution. (which was never found or proposed)

Therefore I want to remove this software from my computer but :

1) the uninstaller of PC Companion does not work (no reaction)
2) I do not find the programme either in programmes section of the configuration screen, nor in the my
Revo Uninstaller programme

I do find the programme with the windows explorer on disc C under program Files (x86)

Any help to resolve this issue will be greatly appreciated

kindest regards
zwever

1. Install CCleaner
2. Delete the folder in question, just cold and blunt. You may get a note "This requires administrative rights", click "Continue".
3. Run CCleaner with option Registry. Follow the advice, and do make a backup copy of registry.

Hopefully this will solve it. On the other hand, if it doesn't eat your resources, it's hardly harmful. Like having an empty bucket in the back of your car.

Last edited:
1. Install CCleaner
2. Delete the folder in question, just cold and blunt. You may get a note "This requires administrative rights", click "Continue".
3. Run CCleaner with option Registry. Follow the advice, and do make a backup copy of registry.

Hopefully this will solve it. On the other hand, if it doesn't eat your resources, it's hardly harmful. Like having an empty bucket in the back of your car.
Thanks VM Pauli - issue resolved

Back