Windows 7 Repair Win 7 x64 SP1

arilani

I have a problem with my Win 7 x64 SP1 pc.I've uninstalled the Office with the Revo Uninstaller and then it becamess very unstable.I've tryed to do go back to a restore point, but I get errors and I don't have a backup.The problems I have are: 1. The Windows explorer don't work. It says: Explorer.exe There is not enough memory to run this program2. The Control Panel don't work. The same error3. The sfc /scannow command returns "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service"4. If I try tu remove the SP1 wuth command line wusa.exe /uninstall /kb:976932 I get Installer encountered an error: 0x8000ffff. Catastrophic failure5. I cannot repair from the boot DVD because it says I must restart in Windows and run from the DVD again and this get me another errorThanks a lot, Ariel

If I disable the Windows Module Installer (TrustedInstaller) in the services panel, I get the same message as you when I try to run the System File Checker.

You might check to see if it is set on manual and try to start it to see if it does. There is a way to run the SFC from offline, see the link.

How to Run the System File Checker (Sfc.exe) Offline in Windows 7 and Vista - The Winhelponline Blog

You can download and make a Windows 7 SP1 Install DVD to possibly do an Repair Install. The errors to which you refer, might stop this. But when you load the DVD, what error messages are you getting? And some information about your install might help.

If I disable the Windows Module Installer (TrustedInstaller) in the services panel, I get the same message as you when I try to run the System File Checker.You might check to see if it is set on manual and try to start it to see if it does. There is a way to run the SFC from offline, see the link.How to Run the System File Checker (Sfc.exe) Offline in Windows 7 and Vista - The Winhelponline BlogYou can download and make a Windows 7 SP1 Install DVD to possibly do an Repair Install. The errors to which you refer, might stop this. But when you load the DVD, what error messages are you getting? And some information about your install might help.
Starting the service gives me the same error.When I do the repair install it says: Windows could not retrieve information about the disks on this computer

Back
Top Bottom