Windows 7 Same old problem

tpm5061

I have a toshiba satellite pro 6100 with a wireless lan card. I found a driver that appears to work on some level for it, but I am still getting the error "Wireless Network Connection" doesn't have a valid IP configuration. Also I do not have any Apple software installed yet so that isn't the problem. Any help would be appreciated, weather be a few steps that might stop this or even a better driver option.
Thanks

This is almost certainly a driver issue...are you using 64 or 32 bit? also, post your mfg/driver version/date of the one you are using now...

On my x64 install, I ended up using the Vista x64 version of the driver, downloaded directly from the mfg instead of the built-in one from MS.

works like a champ...

if all else fails, you may even try grabbing an after-market Wifi NIC and giving it a shot for better driver support.

I am using 32 bit windows 7 build 7100. I can't find out who the original mfg was for the device. Currently the driver is from toshiba version 7.44.16.419. I haven't really even found a vista driver for it, this might be an xp driver, which I knew wouldn't be right. The date on the driver is 2001.

I got it. I did as was suggested put in an old wireless card, and pulled the driver off of windows update. Now it all seems to work. Thanks for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom