Windows 7 Same old problem

tpm5061

I have a toshiba satellite pro 6100 with a wireless lan card. I found a driver that appears to work on some level for it, but I am still getting the error "Wireless Network Connection" doesn't have a valid IP configuration. Also I do not have any Apple software installed yet so that isn't the problem. Any help would be appreciated, weather be a few steps that might stop this or even a better driver option.
Thanks

This is almost certainly a driver issue...are you using 64 or 32 bit? also, post your mfg/driver version/date of the one you are using now...

On my x64 install, I ended up using the Vista x64 version of the driver, downloaded directly from the mfg instead of the built-in one from MS.

works like a champ...

if all else fails, you may even try grabbing an after-market Wifi NIC and giving it a shot for better driver support.

I am using 32 bit windows 7 build 7100. I can't find out who the original mfg was for the device. Currently the driver is from toshiba version 7.44.16.419. I haven't really even found a vista driver for it, this might be an xp driver, which I knew wouldn't be right. The date on the driver is 2001.

I got it. I did as was suggested put in an old wireless card, and pulled the driver off of windows update. Now it all seems to work. Thanks for the advice.

Back