Hermitkrab

Honorable Member
Tishiba laptop, W10Pro

The screen on my laptop is very hard to see as focusing seems to be the problem. When watching a YouTube video, for instance, the colors don't appear as sharp as they used to be.. I've tried adjusting focusing myself, and even had a Geek Squad tech give it a try. Is this problem an indicator of something internal to the computer going bad, such as a video card, or can the screen itself be at fault? As laptops age, is this a common problem? My device is several years old, but I don't remember exactly when I bought it. Before I run out and buy a new laptop, any advice is appreciated.

Solution
Interestingly, I updated my conputer yesterday to the latest version (W10 pro ver 1903) and the graphics now appear so much better, as if my device was new. Maybe an updated driver was included in the update, but whatever it was, the words on the screen are so much clearer. I don't think I'll need to use the"High contrast" setting any more.
Well, I adjusted YouTube video quality settings, and that has helped. I had lowered them in the belief it might prevent buffering due to a poor Internet signal. I'll also check video card driver update.

Interestingly, I updated my conputer yesterday to the latest version (W10 pro ver 1903) and the graphics now appear so much better, as if my device was new. Maybe an updated driver was included in the update, but whatever it was, the words on the screen are so much clearer. I don't think I'll need to use the"High contrast" setting any more.

Solution
Back