Windows 7 Screensaver Windows 7 home premium

tascott

I know Im not losing my mind, but I have to continually reset my screen saver every time I reboot my laptop. When I reboot the screen saver dose'nt come on, and when I check the settings none is selected when I know I selected a screen saver and pressed apply but windows does not remember the screen saver settings, Anyone else had this problem.

Is it a custom screensaver or just one included within Windows 7? Have you run a scan for any malicious software?

This makes no sense, but I am pasing it on for you to try.
The problem is allegedly solved by selecting another screen saver (Not the one you want), go back to the one you are really after, and reapply. Worth a try?

Fixed

Thank you for the fix, I selected another screen saver other than the one I wanted clicked apply and then selected the screen saver I wanted and have not had a problem since. Kinda a bug though you shouldn't have to do that, glad its fixed though.

Problem not fixed

:mad:I thought the problem with the screen saver was resolved, but I started my laptop up this morning and behold windows has reset the screensaver to none again. There is deffentaly a problem with this and I hope Microsoft can fix this bug.

Same Problem

I'm having the same problem with Windows 7 Premium Home Edition screensavers not working. After reading other threads about the problem, I have tried the following:

• switching to another screensaver;
  • updating drivers for my NVIDIA G310 card;
  • a clean reboot;
  • running a malicious software scan.
Any other suggestions?? I have a Sony VAIO, VPCCW21FX that I just purchased yesterday.

Back