Windows 8 send to missing from context menu

nichos

Extraordinary Member
Hi,

Sendto does not exixt in usualplace C:\Users\X\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo,

In fact Apdada & the rest do not appear in Users at all ?? but, typing in Run "shell:sendto" the above are shown in the win Explorer top line & the send to items are listed in the right pane.

Any way of including "send to" in the right click context menu ?. .... thanx .....nick

Sounds like your system has become corrupted. Do you have a system restore point you can go back to? You could also try running the system file checker and see if that will rectify some of the coruuption. Find command prompt in the start menu, right click on it and run as admin. Type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

If the scan comes back with corrupted files it can't repair then run this scan in the same cmd box: Type (or copy and paste):
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results. This can take some time so please be patient.

If it's successful run the first sfc scan again.

Do you have a restore point you could go back to before the issue occurred?

Thanks,
You really got me there. I get these two mixed up. Only recently this MS Account appeared in my PC due perhaps that MS is keep pushing to get into everything I used to do.

They keep asking for security code & such like that I never had before. Only had passwords & user names.

I feel I must have been foxed to into clicking YES into something & got all meddled up now. .....nick

EDIT: and another just came in out of the blue to confuse me further:- "...New sign-in from Internet Explorer on Windows...."

Hi Kemical,

I used my flash stick I made a couple of weeks ago & reinstalled w8.1 but, still same problem.

EDIT:-
In recovery could not find any restore points that am sure I created before.

Last edited:
Is there any recovery points at all or is it empty?

The security code you refer to above relates to a process of confirming your account. It's Microsoft's way of confirming who you say you are by sending you a security code. You have set up which email account you'll use to receive the code beforehand.

In recovery I can only see create a recovery drive & nothing about R.POINTS??

But I stumbled on to Send to above "x" in Default.migrated which I did not notice before anywhere, so this is solved.

Now how about Recovery points, am I looking in the wrong place again?

Back