Server 2019 Remote Access

bwillard

Hello,
Thanks for letting me into the forum!
The reason that I'm here is that I have a problem. I'm trying to set up a VPN so that employees can access our server remotely in Server 2019. I think that I set up everything up correctly. When I start the service, it starts for a second or two, then stops. When I look at the event logs, I get this: "The Remote Access service terminated with the following service-specific error: The system cannot find the file specified." I checked the path in the registry and it is pointing to the correct directory on my server. I've spent several days trying to solve this issue but still can't get it to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ben

Have you read through and followed the documentation here?

Thank you for the link! There is a lot of good information there. All of the troubleshooting and error codes, however, deal with not being able to connect. I can't even get the RemoteAccess service to run on my server. :(

Another link stepping through the process

Another great link! Unfortunately, it should just work! I ran procmon and it doesn't have trouble finding files. All of the items it can't find are registry entries. I don't know why it would give me the cannot find file error.

Back
Top Bottom