Windows 10 Setpoint deleted but ...

Maggidon

Hello ya'll. I have uninstalled Setpoint Software with Advanced Uninstaller but of course, checking through the Registry, I do find at least one remnant of it still.
I'll post a screenshot of what I mean. I need to know if I should delete the whole folder or just the stuff within the folder. Please let me know.
PICTURE OF REGISTRY.png

You can delete the entire key {AF949... Application developers use a Microsoft tool to generate these so they are unique, so this one is unique to Setpoint.

If you want to be safe, you can export the key before you delete, so if for some odd reason you have an issue you can import it back in.

Hi and welcome to the forum :up:

Deleting folders randomly from the Registry is high-risk!:down: And it can crash your Windows.:waah: You'd be better served with a free program such as REVO UNINSTALLER which you can google and download, which will remove any and all remnants of that program from your computer. Also, don't forget to disable AV, antispyware (AS), and personal firewall apps prior to attempting the removal of your app.

Cheers!:)
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Thanks for the replies guys. I actually exported a backup of my Registry to the Desktop, deleted the Folder, rebooted without a hitch or is that a glitch. I have Revo Uninstaller on my system but never tried that one. Advanced Uninstaller is "supposed" to do the same thing but apparently it doesn't make a clean sweep. Next time I'll be sure to use Revo.
Permit an edit. I've never had to import a backup of the Registry but I take it, when on imports it, it simply will replace the present one with the backup, which backup if made within a few minutes of editing a Registry, should be safe, correct?

You only need to export the specific key you are deleting and it will import exactly that, the key you exported.

Very good. So importing that specific key puts it right back where it belongs. Absolutely amazing. Thank you again Neemobeer for your helpful reply.

Sorry but there seems to have been a communication breakdown. I didn't use Revo. I simply deleted the folder as advised and all is well. :)

Back