Windows 10 Setup has detected that xxx USB Display is currently running.

A guide to uninstall Uninstall XXX USB Display from your computer It was coded for Windows by XXX. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system install it. other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.

i have the problem that mi cursor starts flicking when i connect a display in my hdmi port, and any image appears in my second display with the usb to hdmi adapter, I uninstalled an installed again the software and the components in device mannager, but nothing happens. Any help please?

i have the problem that mi cursor starts flicking when i connect a display in my hdmi port, and any image appears in my second display with the usb to hdmi adapter, I uninstalled an installed again the software and the components in device mannager, but nothing happens. Any help please?

Hey guys, I have the same usb to hdmi adapter and my scenario is as follows.
At first it worked like a charm. Then I played a bit with my nVidia control panel and the flickering problem appeared. I uninstalled the driver and then installed it again, but downloaded off the internet. After following the advice to set the adapter to Intel this was removed and it looks like my PC recognizes the second monitor, it's showed in "Display settings", but it's still a black screen. Any solutions? And by the way can somebody provide a link for the driver, because I think I am using some bad driver. Thanks.

If you are trying uninstall MS USB Display straight away, it will be showing message that Instances already running and need to close....No need to go to Display Driver and try to uninstall 3 MS IDD Drivers

Go to Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del)...Under Process tab search Window USB Display & click End Task....Under Startup tab search Window USB Display & disable it....Now Go to control panel and uninstall MS USB Display...It wont give pop up message now...restart computer...

hope it helps!

yea got this damn problem too. Recently bought a USB to VGA adapter for cheapzz and had 2 problems. It requires the downloading of some iffy af file xxx USB Display which isnt a virus (yet). It works, HOWEVER, only like 5% of the time. Most of the time it just the icon just flickers on and off like some sort of virus. BUT the good news is Blue2s method could work to ensure that the adapter can reliably display most of the time and eliminate the flickering. You'd just have to change the preferred graphics settings in the NIVIDIA control panel to integrated graphics. Your problems dont stop there tho. Even tho the adapter can effectively display, no sound will be transmitted so videos will be muted. Overall, I guess what u pay is what u get

I'm using a Helios 300 and desperate to find a way to have 2 external displays. Bought this USB 3.0 to HDMI adapter earlier today and lost whole evening trying to make it work. I experienced everything you mentioned.

I'll name the Second Monitor as the one plugged in by the main HDMI port, and Third Monitor as the one plugged in by the adapter.
When I haven't got the Second Monitor plugged, changing the NVIDIA control panel to integrated graphics worked for the Third Monitor, but the instance I plug in the HDMI cable for the Second Monitor the Third one ceases working and the flickering returns.

Hope I'm making some senses as my whole evening hasn't.

Last edited:
I'm using a Helios 300 and desperate to find a way to have 2 external displays. Bought this USB 3.0 to HDMI adapter earlier today and lost whole evening trying to make it work. I experienced everything you mentioned.

I'll name the Second Monitor as the one plugged in by the main HDMI port, and Third Monitor as the one plugged in by the adapter.
When I haven't got the Second Monitor plugged, changing the NVIDIA control panel to integrated graphics worked for the Third Monitor, but the instance I plug in the HDMI cable for the Second Monitor the Third one ceases working and the flickering returns.

I faced the same issues earlier....tried few cheaper adapters but same prob....when connect 2nd monitor flicking & with 3rd monitor wont work....
example: https://shopee.sg/USB-3.0-to-HDMI-Adapter-Converter-Cable-Black-i.4148913.278771944

Finally i bought a relatively expensive but good quality one- brand "cable matters"

And this one worked like a breeze....

Hi i got a problem with xxx usb display... when i run it, it keeps turning on and off on my taskbar... have to restart my pc to stop it from looping in and out.. do you have any solution for this im try to get 2 external monitor for my Acer Nitro 5..

yea got this damn problem too. Recently bought a USB to VGA adapter for cheapzz and had 2 problems. It requires the downloading of some iffy af file xxx USB Display which isnt a virus (yet). It works, HOWEVER, only like 5% of the time. Most of the time it just the icon just flickers on and off like some sort of virus. BUT the good news is Blue2s method could work to ensure that the adapter can reliably display most of the time and eliminate the flickering. You'd just have to change the preferred graphics settings in the NIVIDIA control panel to integrated graphics. Your problems dont stop there tho. Even tho the adapter can effectively display, no sound will be transmitted so videos will be muted. Overall, I guess what u pay is what u get
Bro what work around did you do to stop the icon from flickering? thats what happens to me all the time... the Usb to hdmi works on my other laptop just not with my nitro 5

Hi, i have the exact same Laptop and i am trying to do the exact same thing, 2 monitors HDMI + VGAtoUSB. Did u find any solution?

Searched quit a bit for this. So I used the drivers provided with the product. Screen kept on flashing and no connection was made to my 3th monitor (the one connected with the usb-device). I found a solution that may work for you aswell:
FIRST:
1. Go to task-manger and look for the process "Windows usb display (32bit)".
2. Right click the task and select "properties".
3. Go to "compatibility".
4. Select "Change settings for all users"
5. Set it to execute in compatibility with Windows 7
6. Set it to run as administrator.
7. Apply changes, close this window (now you're back at task manager), and terminate "Windows usb display (32bit)"
8. Go to start and start "XXX Usb Display" (should start as admin now)

This will seem like nothing has changed, still the same problems.

SECOND:
2. Go to display-options of windows. There should be the same amount of monitors there as are on connected to your pc, including the one connected with the usb-device.
3. Press Windows-key+P. A pop-up will appear about duplicating screens and stuff. Select "Only display main monitor".
4. All your screens are black now except the main monitor.
5. In the Display-settings-window, select the monitor connected with the usb first and select "extend screen".
6. Do the same for any remaining monitors.

Hope this helped anyone out!

Searched quit a bit for this. So I used the drivers provided with the product. Screen kept on flashing and no connection was made to my 3th monitor (the one connected with the usb-device). I found a solution that may work for you aswell:
FIRST:
1. Go to task-manger and look for the process "Windows usb display (32bit)".
2. Right click the task and select "properties".
3. Go to "compatibility".
4. Select "Change settings for all users"
5. Set it to execute in compatibility with Windows 7
6. Set it to run as administrator.
7. Apply changes, close this window (now you're back at task manager), and terminate "Windows usb display (32bit)"
8. Go to start and start "XXX Usb Display" (should start as admin now)

This will seem like nothing has changed, still the same problems.

SECOND:
2. Go to display-options of windows. There should be the same amount of monitors there as are on connected to your pc, including the one connected with the usb-device.
3. Press Windows-key+P. A pop-up will appear about duplicating screens and stuff. Select "Only display main monitor".
4. All your screens are black now except the main monitor.
5. In the Display-settings-window, select the monitor connected with the usb first and select "extend screen".
6. Do the same for any remaining monitors.

Hope this helped anyone out!
Edit:

You have to to device manager and deactivate and reactivate the xxx-device as well. This and the soncond part need to be repeated every boot

The software that came with the usb to video adapter should use your integrated video card (e.g. intel) , not the accelerated (nvidia or amd). your video driver should have the option to choose one of these to be used with the software.

The software that came with the usb to video adapter should use your integrated video card (e.g. intel) , not the accelerated (nvidia or amd). your video driver should have the option to choose one of these to be used with the software.

If you are trying uninstall MS USB Display straight away, it will be showing message that Instances already running and need to close....No need to go to Display Driver and try to uninstall 3 MS IDD Drivers

Go to Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del)...Under Process tab search Window USB Display & click End Task....Under Startup tab search Window USB Display & disable it....Now Go to control panel and uninstall MS USB Display...It wont give pop up message now...restart computer...

hope it helps!
This worked. Thank you so much.

[SOLVED] I just installed Windows7-Windows10_2.0.2-1-.exe, after my laptop restarted I replaced all with the updated files the vendor provided to me in the following path C:\Program Files\XXX USB Display. If you are interested with this solution just send me an email and I will sent the files to you.

Hi,
I solved it on my laptop.
It was really annoying.

In Device Manager, after deleting xxx usb driver, go into display adapters. You will see 3 MS Idd adapters , additional to your intel/nvidia adapters; uninstal all the ms idd ones. Then uninstall xxx USB display.
[/QUOTE]
I uninstalled the three MS Idd Device adapters, restarted my laptop, powered on the display and clicked (to open/execute) XXX USB Display and the connected display worked. I did not uninstall the XXX USB Display. I went back into Device Manager and the three MS Idd Device adapters and shown again. I don't understand this, but thanks because it worked.

I seem to have had the same problem and tried a few of the things other of you suggested. It didn't work for me, but I finally clicked the pop up menu in the lower corner of my taskbar to bring up the hidden icons. There was a monitor icon active, and I exited that. Afterward, I was able to uninstall with no issues.

Back