Windows 10 Share your Windows 10 desktop

I found another Rainmeter widget that I like a lot. Of course I had to do a lot of editing to make it just like I want it. I'm too fussy for my own good. It's called Harmattan.

There's a problem with the top processes section. I just commented it out to disable it. I'd like to have that working though. Maybe with a little research I can figure out how to fix it.

Screeny 2 12-3-17.jpg
:(

Last edited:
i'd like it more if you could put something useful in the data feeds... time, date and chance of rain tomorrow isn't really worth the system drag to me

Ok, sorry. If I shouldn't have posted this here please feel free to remove it. Though I was under the impression that this particular thread was just about sharing what we have on our desktops.

Ok, sorry. If I shouldn't have posted this here please feel free to remove it. Though I was under the impression that this particular thread was just about sharing what we have on our desktops.
Stuey, Graham is simply remarking on what options he'd like to see in the desktop widget, it wasn't a criticism of your post (which is absolutely fine).

Oh geez. Sorry @ussnorway, I misunderstood. The widget does show what the CPU, network and RAM are doing though. I like to see when my computer takes off doing stuff without me. I still get a little concerned about that.

Update: There is another problem with this widget. The Histograms for the network activity keep shutting off. They only work for a short time after a refresh. I'm going to look for something different.

Last edited:
i would assume Windows is detecting it as a network hack and blocking the feed

Hmmm I'd have never thought of that. Though it still shows the numbers the graphs stop working. I have another widget that tells about network activity. In the configuration file it appears there is supposed to be a little bar indicator that never shows. Maybe you're right. Of course I'm just scratching the surface on configuring things like this. I really don't know squat.

Update: Ok I was wrong about the bars not showing. It just needs to be transferring a lot to actually register. Doing an internet speed test maxes them out.

Last edited:
It figures! I finally got my first set of Klipsch speakers, the RP-160m's, to use in near-field on this desktop. A week after I finally got them sounding great, new neighbors moved in next door. Of course, one of their banners was appropriate:

Klipschpissingofftheneighbors.jpg

I should add that the neighbors haven't said anything yet, and I haven't played it at face-melting volumes at 1:00a.m. either.

I like seeing everyone's wallpapers. But what's more interesting to me is seeing programs people have on their taskbar and desktop or any other desktop programs for their computer. Does anyone else find that interesting.

Yeah that would be interesting. Maybe that deserves a thread of its own. I'd like to see what's available.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Yeah what would you name that thread? I'd be looking at every picture posted and looking up any programs I've never heard of lol. I'm just nerdy like that.

Back