Windows 10 (solved)bios update whitout disable bitlocker before

SUck

Hi,
i have an HP Zbook 15 G2 i just update the bios from 01.08 to 01.23 and when i boot after the bios i got a yellow screen wit white vertical bar and that's it, no windows at all. I dont know what to do i have been searching google but i dont found anything to solve my problem. i think its bitlocker but im not sure i forgot to disable it before update the bios. i still have my recovery key but it is not usefull i got no prompt at all to interact whit the computer its like machine broken.

have tried to reset the bios setting to default it doesnt work
have tried to rollback to previous bios and i cant to it i also dont find the driver on the internet.

The only thing that will happen if you don't disable bitlocker is you will be forced to enter the recovery key. Bitlocker should get updated with the new configuration after that.

If you you can, plug in an extra monitor and see if that is working. Strange colors and lines could be a sign of a bad screen

The only thing that will happen if you don't disable bitlocker is you will be forced to enter the recovery key. Bitlocker should get updated with the new configuration after that.

If you you can, plug in an extra monitor and see if that is working. Strange colors and lines could be a sign of a bad screen

Hi thanks a lot for helping me.
What do you meen a bad screen? also i tried to enter the recovery key blindly (there is no prompt) the PIN and the Password of my user accompt and i have no sucess each time. Unfortunetly i cant plug an extra screen because i dont have it but i realy dont thing my screen is the problem.

rigth now im searching on this in google :

how to get the commande prompt on orange screen windows 10 - Google Search

The hardware itself (screen) when damaged can produce strange colors or lines. If you plug in an external monitor and it works would point to the screen being bad. If you get the same thing on the external then possibly a GPU issue or GPU driver.

Can you get back into BIOS, or does the screen look the way you described as soon as it powers on?

ok there is some progress i tried to enter my recovery password again and it work user interface appear and i can log in normaly...

Ok, enter the key. Once back in the system from an elevated command type manage-bde -protectors -disable C:
Reboot log back in and type manage-bde -protectors -enable C:

Ok, enter the key. Once back in the system from an elevated command type manage-bde -protectors -disable C:
Reboot log back in and type manage-bde -protectors -enable C:
i think i dont need to is it possible? when i restart the computer the seconde as you asked me after that i retyped my recovery key and i went to a black screen it was long so i push the power button to do a cold shutdown and it now log normaly to the user password interface? should i do the script in cmd even if its seem ok?

thanks

The commands won't hurt and will update the TPM configuration. If it's rebooting normally though now you shouldn't need to.

Back