Windows 10 [Solved] NAS not Recognized by Windows Explorer

hawkeye62

Extraordinary Member
I have a WD My Cloud Expert Series EX2Ultra connected to my home network. Everything has been working perfectly. But, after the latest Win 10 desktop update (Version 1607 Build 14393.1593) Windows explorer no longer finds the NAS. I have a Win 10 laptop (Version 1703 Build 15063.540) Windows Explorer sees the NAS on the network, but will not connect to it. There have been no changes to the network. One other piece to the puzzle. Macrium Reflect was able to use the NAS for a backup image location. And I was able to see it on the desktop PC prior to the latest Win 10 update to verify that the image was there. Go figure!

Any advice will be very much appreciated.

Regards, Jim

Do you know the IP of the NAS and can you connect to it by typing \\ipaddress in Windows Explorer?

Make sure Simple Service Discovery Protocol and Link-layer Topology Discover Mapper services are not disabled. Also enable LLTD on, on the NAS

When I start Windows Explorer, the NAS doesn't show up anywhere. Then if I click on Network in the left window, the NAS shows in the right window as a network device. But, all it will do is take me to the NAS' page, no access to the HDs in the NAS.

Jim

Back