Windows 7 Some sites do not load, then after 5 minutes they do.

Bert69

Some sites give me a "problem loading page" in Firefox and an error in IE stating:
"website (xxx) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts".

Then when I reload the page a few minutes later it does work. Then after a while, I get the error again, etc.
It happens on both my computer and the laptop of my friend. I have reset the router multiple times, to no effect.
I don't use proxy or VPN or anything like that. My computer is connected to the router via cable, and the laptop is wireless.
Anyone know what the problem might be?

Possible name resolution.
Try clearing the local name cache. Open command prompt and type ipconfig /flushdns
See if that helps.
Does this happen with just a couple sites all the time, or is it pretty much random? Sometimes I see this on my machine but usually a simple click of the refresh button will bring it right up.

Some sites give me a "problem loading page" in Firefox and an error in IE stating:
"website (xxx) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts".

I'm on IE8 and it's been playing up all day too...

It's probably not even something on your (or my) system. Someobdy proabably screwed up when up dating a DNS database. If it's still doing it in a few days contact your ISP and see if they know anything about it.

It has been happening for a few days now, and I even changed DNS servers which didn't help. It seems to happen randomly. And as one site "hangs" another can happily load at the same time. Hitting reload doesn't work (at least not for a few minutes) I can hit reload on a site 20 times before something happens.

I did try to clear local dns cache but that didn't work either :-( I should really test to see if the same site gets "stuck" on both computers at the same time, that at least would tell me that the problem is external???

I should really test to see if the same site gets "stuck" on both computers at the same time, that at least would tell me that the problem is external???

It may not be conclusive but at least it would tell you it's not in that one specific computer. It might be router, modem, etc.

Actually THIS site is the one giving me the most problems...

Back
Top Bottom